Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Starcraft reboot ideas discussion thread

Default Re: Yet another reboot thread

"No earth coming out of left field to save the day. Instead, earth is in the terran sector and a member of the umojan protectorate. Earth gets glassed by the protoss in the opening battles of the war."

This is the only one I disagree with, nah I like the UED being involved and being a major player in the story, no cheesy "and everyone dies off screen in 5 minutes" garbage.

Default Re: Starcraft reboot ideas discussion thread

You can argue for them to return in SC3, just wait 90 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserStratosTygo View Post
    "No earth coming out of left field to save the day. Instead, earth is in the terran sector and a member of the umojan protectorate. Earth gets glassed by the protoss in the opening battles of the war."

This is the only one I disagree with, nah I like the UED being involved and being a major player in the story, no cheesy "and everyone dies off screen in 5 minutes" garbage.
    I'm not invested in it either. My other ideas included the UED being involved from the start, using the Heroes of the Storm version of their history where they invaded to put down Koprulu's rebellions or something.

Combined with the Dominion coming to power at the start of the story, rather than at the end, and the Confederacy being vastly expanded in scope... the terran politics get very more diverse.

So the Confederate states are fragmenting due to the wars. The Tarsonis-Korhal system has been claimed by the Dominion, but nine of their thirteen core worlds were devastated so they have their work cut out for them. The UED is reevaluating their priorities since they now have bigger problems than halting the Confederacy's wars of aggression. The Conclave massacred civilians at Tau Ceti, so now the Tau Ceti Federation is invading protoss colonies across the Koprulu border. The protoss expedition has split between pro-genocidal and anti-genocidal factions, with executors like Tassadar and Andraxus allying with terrans to stop further bloodshed. The Protoss Empire isn't taking this "border dispute" as seriously as you might want, since their extent is huge already and they have so many other seemingly more important things to worry about. The Koprulu war isn't the only war they're currently fighting, you know. Interstellar imperialists like the Galra, the Yeerks and the Covenant make the Protoss look downright benevolent.

The politics are a clusterfrak is what I'm saying.
    I think Starcraft needs rebooting. See "Enumerate" for details (links: timeline, full document, original forum thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    The politics are a clusterfrak is what I'm saying.
    You do know such things aren't always avoidable, right?

So I've been doing a bit more thinking about reboots. I've gone through tons of ideas.

Currently I'm entertaining the idea of introducing the Union as an opposing power block to the Confederacy. Because Civil War parallels. They're especially relevant in today's political climate.

While the Confederacy and the Union are waging wars of aggression, with both sides having good and bad parts to them, aliens invade. At first it's the zerg, who are underestimated as space bugs. Then the protoss arrive and glass several inhabited planets, starting interstellar interspecies war.

There's any number of stories that you could tell against that backdrop.

Anybody interested in discussing that? Something else? Anybody?

If you guys would prefer to discuss an original universe, that's okay too. Just let me know ASAP.

Like I checked, you weren't interested in the original universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Like I checked, you weren't interested in the original universe.
    I made a thread for discussing an original universe a while ago. I'm still open to discussing it.