Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Brood War wasn't great, here's why, we deserve better, here's how

Default Re: Brood War wasn't great, here's why, we deserve better, here's how

Who knows at this point. It's all such a mess. It could have well been Ouros.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I mean, that's a bit reductionist don't you think?
    A "bit", yes. That's not a bad thing though. The Zerg are the most well-defined race because of the purity of their purpose and are largely successful because of this simplicity.

That is his goal/motivation but that doesn't define his heuristics and those
    I would disagree. Much like any other living being in existence, the Overmind is quite myopic on certain things and only ultimately does things purely for self-interest/it and its "own" benefit. Unlike other living beings, the Overmind doesn't need to hide or couch such sensibilities because it is one with all the Zerg - the only thing that matters. Non-Zerg are irrelevent unless they're something that will serve the Zerg/Overmind goal of being better/perfect and if that's so, they'll eventually become Zerg anyway so it's all good in the end.

Its affection for Kerrigan and the whole "determinant" thing is just still part of the Overmind motivation to become perfect. Having Kerrigan assuages the fear the Overmind has of engaging the Protoss. The Protoss are its ultimate goal and Kerrigan is the stepping stone toward that.

Sc2's interpretation of the Overmind is... different to all that. Apparently, it's not so much seeking supremacy but survival... if it is indeed even capable of doing that given that its enslaved with no free will... and that what you saw in Sc1 was it engaging in doublethink....maybe. Oh and we can't forget that the Zerg we know aren't really the Zerg, the Primal Zerg are! Then it's revealed that the "revelation" in WoL by Tassamind was just a ruse employed by Ouros all along. Sc2 systematically undermines what was the most well-defined race in Sc1.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Who knows at this point. It's all such a mess. It could have well been Ouros.
    It's why it's a shame he wasn't explained more

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I hate Kerrigan too but:
    1) A fan fiction or custom campaign will never be canon. Kerrigan is in every SC game besides Novert Ops. It’s not really “StarCraft” without her, and I like SC more than I hate Kerrigan.
    2) Go ahead and make that AU campaign. But theres no guarantee any other alternate story will be any good or even better than StarCraft just because Kerrigan is missing. If it is, I’ll play it, but I doubt even 5% of the people that played SC2 will even hear about it.

Otherwise, as I’ve stated multiple times, I’m totally down for a reboot without Kerrigan. Or maybe with Kerrigan where she’s a side character and underpowered.
    1. Obviously, but StarCraft 2 is canon, so unfotunately all that trash is "StarCraft" now too, so to me personally StarCraft "canon" is dead anyway.
    2. Maybe not, but there's a much higher chance that it is due to having the worst aspect of the franchise removed, not a guarantee but a good idea imo.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserStratosTygo View Post
    1. Obviously, but StarCraft 2 is canon, so unfotunately all that trash is "StarCraft" now too, so to me personally StarCraft "canon" is dead anyway.
    2. Maybe not, but there's a much higher chance that it is due to having the worst aspect of the franchise removed, not a guarantee but a good idea imo.
    Some time in the future I'm going to believe you'll eventually let it all go instead of constantly expecting Blizzard just to redo the whole thing, Stratos....

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Some time in the future I'm going to believe you'll eventually let it all go instead of constantly expecting Blizzard just to redo the whole thing, Stratos....
    Huh..?

I don't "expect" them to do anything other than make more shitty games with diminishing returns for the fans.

Huh..?

I don't "expect" them to do anything other than make more shitty games with diminishing returns for the fans.
    Someday you'll change your mind, Stratos. You changed my mind (partially) to be more critical of the storyline after all....

"Someday you'll change your mind, Stratos."
    Maybe if I slam my head against a wall long enough, sure.

Maybe if I slam my head against a wall long enough, sure.
    I'll wait for news of that then