Thread: Insane Troll Logic Theory: The UED are from the future!!

Default Insane Troll Logic Theory: The UED are from the future!!

Don't believe me? Just look at those dates on Stukov's obit.

I can't believe I never noticed this thing before. It's hilarious.

He is apparently negative 2 months old! That can only be possible if he's time travelled, amirites?

It's that or the dates are the other way round, which alternatively means that Stukov is just over 2 months old and must instead be a fast-growing clone, cyborg or something.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Default Re: Insane Troll Logic Theory: The UED are from the future!!

This is an error. The date of death should be 872 (the year given in the rest of the cinematic), as was corrected in the German translation. Also, the year of birth should be 820. I imagine that DuGalle probably strangled the morons who let that error through.
    I think Starcraft needs rebooting. See "Enumerate" for details (links: timeline, full document, original forum thread).

What? Starcraft had its own version of years? How did I miss this? I thought they were just going with normal AD years, because it started in December 2449.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    What? Starcraft had its own version of years? How did I miss this? I thought they were just going with normal AD years, because it started in December 2449.
    The UED experience time differently from us normal people.

UED presumably used some date that was a "noticeable change for humanity" to base their new calendar on.

That sounds like them. Hey wait, it actually might have been the UPL instead. They were the ones trying to destroy religion and culture, so they would have greater motive to change the years from Anno Domini. The UED probably just rolled with it because people were used to it by then.

Speaking of which, I can't find my Starcraft manual pdf, and it's shockingly hard to find on the internet. Does anyone have one?

- Artanis.

Speaking of which, I can't find my Starcraft manual pdf, and it's shockingly hard to find on the internet. Does anyone have one?
    Huh? I just google it and it's like the first or second hit everytime. You can try this link if you want: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/StarCraft.PDF

That sounds like them. Hey wait, it actually might have been the UPL instead. They were the ones trying to destroy religion and culture, so they would have greater motive to change the years from Anno Domini. The UED probably just rolled with it because people were used to it by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Huh? I just google it and it's like the first or second hit everytime. You can try this link if you want: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/StarCraft.PDF
    The Brood War manual is linked on the teamliquid forum. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/broo...al-pdf-edition

I must be special.

Well, actually it's because I avoid using google when I can. Duckduckgo isn't quite up to snuff.

- Artanis.

It makes the most sense to use the Holocene Calendar. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_calendar

The date in game would be 12,499 HE. Meaning that it has been about twelve thousand five hundred years since humans invented architecture. Puts things in perspective, does it not?