Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of retcons do you think will justify the plot of StarCraft 3?

Default Re: What kind of retcons do you think will justify the plot of StarCraft 3?

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    Although I really agree with the reasoning of the legacy of void of the blindness that can bring, the khala, I hope it comes back
    If not then I expect a LOT of protoss lore stories to show how they're coping with the Khala's loss and everything.

DonnyZeDoof's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: What kind of retcons do you think will justify the plot of StarCraft 3?

StarCraft 3 Retcon:

Valerian Mengsk realises he loved his father all along. He becomes evil and hunts down Raynor and Kerrigan for revenge. Valerian will be the big baddie of StarCraft 3 and Blizzard will give him all sorts of cheesey lines to try and make him look more threatening than the Overmind but they'll fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyZeDoof View Post
    StarCraft 3 Retcon:

Valerian Mengsk realises he loved his father all along. He becomes evil and hunts down Raynor and Kerrigan for revenge. Valerian will be the big baddie of StarCraft 3 and Blizzard will give him all sorts of cheesey lines to try and make him look more threatening than the Overmind but they'll fail miserably.
    Then it'd be a waste of a character. Valerian made his debut since the DT Saga Part 1 back in May 2007. If you do that the fans would say "You've had all these years to develop him and the best you can do is turn him into his father's knock-off?"

All of Blizzard's villains are knockoffs at this point.

I can't remember the last time Blizzard created an original villain.

All of Blizzard's villains are knockoffs at this point.

I can't remember the last time Blizzard created an original villain.
    You know what I mean....

StarCraft 3 Retcon:

I can't believe Blizzard would be crazy enough to bring back Raynor and Kerrigan. But, I also have a feeling Valerian will turn evil or at least do questionable things.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I can't believe Blizzard would be crazy enough to bring back Raynor and Kerrigan.
    Do you follow WoW? Blizzard has pretty much brought back every character from the WarCraft series, even the ones that seemingly got conclusions to their stories.

Personally I think Blizzard has lost a lot of its creativity in recent years and that's why they keep recycling their characters instead of making itneresting new ones.

I think Sandwich is onto something. As much as I can see Raynor coming back (since we're not clear what happened to him, we're not clear if he can't come back), it wouldn't be generally a good idea storywise.

Honestly, I don't think I can be into a Starcraft where SC2 is canon. It just ruins everything. Um...um...well, if they ever bring back SC: Ghost I think it could work as a primarily Terran story.

As an RTS with all three races....uh....the hybrids take over the Zerg, and the Zerg become basically renegades/a faction within hybrid hierarchy. The Protoss return to the Khala and police it from hybrid interference, using DT techniques -- oh, and they figure out how to let DTs join the Khala with artificial nerve cords. The Terrans will get access to this technology, allowing them to fight psychic wars. They fight with the Protoss because the 'Toss are unhappy with this turn of events. The hybrids take advantage of everybody's drama to quietly put themselves in control of the K Sector and create psionic dampeners that prevent people from using their psi powers at optimum levels.

I dunno.
    Last edited by Nissa; 12-04-2017 at 06:35 PM.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I can't believe Blizzard would be crazy enough to bring back Raynor and Kerrigan. But, I also have a feeling Valerian will turn evil or at least do questionable things.
    I believe the latter will follow with Valerian. This was addressed since the Evolution book, that there's those who feel as Valerian hasn't exactly had to go through a war (since the one against Amon didn't count), we still don't know what such a conflict will bring out of him

Do you follow WoW? Blizzard has pretty much brought back every character from the WarCraft series, even the ones that seemingly got conclusions to their stories.

Personally I think Blizzard has lost a lot of its creativity in recent years and that's why they keep recycling their characters instead of making itneresting new ones.
    No worries, I'm well aware of all the past and latest travesties in WoW. I just think it would be pretty stupid at this point but that's not to say that I don't think Blizz is capable of doing it...

I agree about Blizz's creativity. It's quite pathetic but many kids find it appealing somehow. I watched those latest Overwatch shorts and couldn't believe that some people could feel anything other than cringiness. Basically, Blizzard goes over the top but still think they're as deep as Shakespeare.