Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What kind of retcons do you think will justify the plot of StarCraft 3?

Default Re: What kind of retcons do you think will justify the plot of StarCraft 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I liked LoTV Artanis. I think he’s a good example of an interesting static character. His resilience and good attitude were endearing. Nobody took it on the chin more than him and he got back up every time. He was brutal and annhilated his enemies with the full power of the Protoss but still managed to fight honorably unlike Kerrigan.
    In a way Gradius, this was why a part of me DID agree with you back then on the battlenet forums when you were trying to predict LotV's ending, and you said the moment Amon was beaten Zeratul would just slit Kerrigan's throat and say "Raszagal sends her regards."

The whole honor system is only intended for a for who has a moral code in return, and since you continue to insist her had no moral grounds.... (now granted I certainly felt her morality was VERY seriously lacking too)

Default Re: What kind of retcons do you think will justify the plot of StarCraft 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I liked LoTV Artanis. I think hes a good example of an interesting static character. His resilience and good attitude were endearing. Nobody took it on the chin more than him and he got back up every time. He was brutal and annhilated his enemies with the full power of the Protoss but still managed to fight honorably unlike Kerrigan.
    I object to your statement only because it's "Artanis." The SC2 incarnation seems to have just about nothing to do with the BW incarnation, which pisses me off. Now, if you like what they did with him in SC2, I could respect that if the character had a different name. That's it. A name swap and I would be fine with everything. Well, not everything, but everything related to the character.

Honestly, I don't like how Artanis' leadership was presented in LotV. He was just a newbie who was doubted by Aldaris and guided to some extent by Zeratul. He wasn't ready for such a big leadership role, and it makes more sense for him to be part of a military council, with separate civilian leadership.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    Honestly, I don't like how Artanis' leadership was presented in LotV. He was just a newbie who was doubted by Aldaris and guided to some extent by Zeratul. He wasn't ready for such a big leadership role, and it makes more sense for him to be part of a military council, with separate civilian leadership.
    Recall in the short story Artanis: Sacrifice that he originally didn't want this role, as his role was intended to be that of a templar. It just shows the Conclave's influence during Aiur's days, where Templar are largely not allowed such positions of leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    I object to your statement only because it's "Artanis." The SC2 incarnation seems to have just about nothing to do with the BW incarnation, which pisses me off. Now, if you like what they did with him in SC2, I could respect that if the character had a different name. That's it. A name swap and I would be fine with everything. Well, not everything, but everything related to the character.

Didn't you know that "4 years passed" explains every single change and non-change from Sc1/BW to Sc2?
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Didn't you know that "4 years passed" explains every single change and non-change from Sc1/BW to Sc2?
    You said it was more due to a completely new writers team, from what I recall (I'll have to look again)