Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: What kind of retcons do you think will justify the plot of StarCraft 3?

Default Re: What kind of retcons do you think will justify the plot of StarCraft 3?

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    No worries, I'm well aware of all the past and latest travesties in WoW. I just think it would be pretty stupid at this point but that's not to say that I don't think Blizz is capable of doing it...

I agree about Blizz's creativity. It's quite pathetic but many kids find it appealing somehow. I watched those latest Overwatch shorts and couldn't believe that some people could feel anything other than cringiness. Basically, Blizzard goes over the top but still think they're as deep as Shakespeare.
    What's so cringy about Overwatch? (Since I never paid any attention to it)

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: What kind of retcons do you think will justify the plot of StarCraft 3?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    What's so cringy about Overwatch? (Since I never paid any attention to it)
    He literally explained it in what you quoted:

"I watched those latest Overwatch shorts and couldn't believe that some people could feel anything other than cringiness. Basically, Blizzard goes over the top but still think they're as deep as Shakespeare."

I think someone got too bitter, blizzard has done a great job in transmitting emotions most of the cinematics through shocking images and expressive characters ... experience is lost with that feeling of narrative "superiority",..... Shakespeare is not the big deal . I am more of the style of cervantes

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    I think someone got too bitter, blizzard has done a great job in transmitting emotions most of the cinematics through shocking images and expressive characters ... experience is lost with that feeling of narrative "superiority",..... Shakespeare is not the big deal . I am more of the style of cervantes
    Let’s be honest, there’s pretty much nothing Blizzard can release that you wouldn’t support.

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    Meh, maybe I am getting old and feel like I've seen it all. But the screenplay is so cliche to me... I'm sure I'd like it if I was 12.From a visual perspective, it's great as always because Blizzard has the best artists in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Let’s be honest, there’s pretty much nothing Blizzard can release that you wouldn’t support.
    And what will Blizzard release that you WOULD support, Gradius? (Aside from a reboot of the whole series)

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    warcraft has always seemed inferior to tolkien material I like more his sobriety in lord of rings, diablo 2 was great in his narrative, but diablo iii was disappointing
    especially the reaper of souls the story does not go anywhere, people when I see diablo iii , and I see them as all you complains that starcraft lacks a layer of dirt and sinister tone , you complain too much diablo fans must have suffered more

and although I got bored of overwatch game play, but the cinematica has memeorables moments

the cinematic of heroes of storm have been the most devoid of souls except for the first
    * but what can you expect blizard has been honest about it

and as for starcraft 2 I liked it, I just felt, that the budget ended when we arrived at the epilogue, I guess that's why we did not see immortal and dragons models in cinematic style in legacy, the three stories I liked with their differentiated motivations from the protagonists, with own aesthetics and it was only more boring to play heart of the swarm ,. point minus the absence of a hybrid army and xelnagas constructs armies. I saw better "metamorph" the alternative option of the race that can replaced primals but just as I have become accustomed to the zerg dinosaurs, I hoped that the zerg would be a mixture between zagara and abathur in heart of swarm after of legacy it does not bother me this turn of the race in starcraft evolution tjis leave any interesting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drakolobo; 12-10-2017 at 03:09 PM.

^ I think the issue is not whether there's good or bad moments because there's definitely both in Sc1 and Sc2, but whether one has enough moments to be fondly remembered/remembered for good reasons.

Since Sc1 was relatively small so the good bits that were there outshone the bad. Sc2 was much larger and had more bits that didn't work, were repetitious or unnecessary that it overshadowed any of the good bits. As such, Sc1 is more fondly remembered because it was concise and hit the feels more readily because of that whereas Sc2 had more sound and fury and the only thing memorable about it was the stuff that was or was not happening, not the feels.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Since Sc1 was relatively small so the good bits that were there outshone the bad. Sc2 was much larger and had more bits that didn't work, were repetitious or unnecessary that it overshadowed any of the good bits. As such, Sc1 is more fondly remembered because it was concise and hit the feels more readily because of that whereas Sc2 had more sound and fury and the only thing memorable about it was the stuff that was or was not happening, not the feels.
    For WoL it made sense to drag it out a bit longer because Blizzard made it clear that Raynor was largely lost throughout the campaign as to what he was supposed to do, HotS and LotV should have been much more focused.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    For WoL it made sense to drag it out a bit longer because Blizzard made it clear that Raynor was largely lost throughout the campaign as to what he was supposed to do, HotS and LotV should have been much more focused.
    Raynor was only "lost" at the very beginning of the campaign really - he quickly found purpose again in fighting the Dominion and looking for artifacts. The majority of WoL was meandering and unfocused for a story that could easily be told in 10 missions at most - and that's being generous. It's why Blizz rightly decided to shorten the number of missions in order to give it some actual momentum and adequate pacing.

As a result, HotS and LotV are much more focused than WoL ever was. It's just that now that the story was structurally ok, it opens you up to realise how the content that's there wasn't really worth the time spent on it. There's literally nothing new we don't already know about the characters apart from superficial changes. Raynor is still the good hero guy in the end even though they try/fail to make him more anti-heroish, Kerrigan is still an entitled bitch even though they try to make her more good/human and Artanis is a stoic, leader hero that doesn't seem to change.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.