Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dating Thread

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: What Are You Reading?

Screenshot_2017-07-04-19-07-42.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-04-19-07-52.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-04-19-07-57.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-04-19-08-00.png

Now, I don't know for a fact that she was a prostitute ... but she was a prostitute Tried to thirst trap me with some 'lewd' pictures, haha.

So far, POF is pretty much Tinder, haha.

I've gotten some better messages though. Again, just posting for the lulz.

Numbers legit though. I ran a reverse lookup on it. Some girl name Heather owns it. Not that that means anything. Word of warning though: do not call that number.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 07-04-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    There is a picture limit of 6 and I wanted to use action shots. I had one picture that I briefly thought about using but girls on Photofeeler said it looked feminine so I never used it, lol.

Attachment 2515
    Attachment 2516
    Feminine wasn't the first thing that came to mind but now that you mention it, I see a bit of this in there XD Regardless, that picture is not flattering imo. Other ones are 10x better. Better resolution helps.

Anyway, I am Mexican can you guys plz explain more about US date culture? We kind of live with our parents till 35. It's way worse at my city which is better described as a 5M people ranch with conservative views on anything. Example, a friend's girlfriend was cutout from her family for a year for living together with him before marriage. As well, Korean people started to immigrate due to KIA's opening of a factory in Mexico, and I find it amusing how local women stare at Koreans at the market like they have never seen any other Asian in their lives.
    I'm Canadian but I imagine the scene is almost the same as in the US and by the same I mean it's super diversified Obviously things are different based on age, ethnicity, social background and etc but if I had to describe the average date culture of European descent then it would sound like this:

The average single person wants a relationship but is lazy about trying to get one. Women are usually much worse in that regard on average. Part of the reason is a very biased vision of reality constructed by Hollywood and pop culture. So, usually people end up dating by coincidence rather than complicated courtship but the motion is usually initiated by the guy regardless. Basically, a single guy and a single girl take the same class, work at the same place, hang with the same friends or whatever. Then the guy makes some subtle move and if he can indirectly convince the girl that he's worth a try even if he's not *insert hot guy name* then a relation will develop. These days people usually reject conservative values so they'll probably have sex and start living together soon enough. Then, after ~1-3 years, their brains switch chemicals and most relation usually break at that point because the average person lives on emotion. They don't commit 100% to a relationship and can't fathom the fact that you can't love someone 100% all the time so the breakups are inevitable. So, the cycle is renewed with new partners until they reach a certain age where they are expected to start a family or convince themselves that they need one. At that point, they get passed the 1-3 years chemical shift because kids are forcing them to stick together(most of the time at least...).

Here it is for your lulz.
    idk if she's a prostitute but she sounds like one dumb b
    Last edited by sandwich_bird; 07-04-2017 at 06:37 PM.

The average single person wants a relationship but is lazy about trying to get one. Women are usually much worse in that regard on average. Part of the reason is a very biased vision of reality constructed by Hollywood and pop culture.
    It's called dyadic power. Socio-economic conditions can see the power shift, but at least in America it's in the hands of women because they're the "prize," so they can lay down the ground rules.

Sorry for all the psycho-analysis stuff, but I find the psychology extremely interesting.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    It's called dyadic power. Socio-economic conditions can see the power shift, but at least in America it's in the hands of women because they're the "prize," so they can lay down the ground rules.

Sorry for all the psycho-analysis stuff, but I find the psychology extremely interesting.
    Aye, no worries. I didn't know there was a term for it. It is interesting to see how the power is assigned in the absence of necessities.

Feminine wasn't the first thing that came to mind but now that you mention it, I see a bit of this in there XD Regardless, that picture is not flattering imo. Other ones are 10x better. Better resolution helps.
    Hey, we're dudes. Of course it doesn't appeal to us. But, that effeminate shit works .. sometimes. Either way, it was a bullshit selfie I did up in the mountains while it was raining. Never expected to see it again.

Only brought it up because, apparently, I need to counter the pure, raw animal magnetism of my main photo.

Then, after ~1-3 years, their brains switch chemicals and most relation usually break at that point because the average person lives on emotion.
    I heard a theory in a psychology class that male brains produce oxytocin on 6 month intervals, to aign with hunting seasons. Women are on 7-year cycles to align with something related to children. And that that was why men go cold frequently but come back while women have drastic changes in perception of their partner at a certain crucial point.

.. or maybe I'm misremembering ... I had a shit psychology teacher so most of it was mumbo-jumbo about conflict theory.

idk if she's a prostitute but she sounds like one dumb b
    I've had plenty of dumb bitches just like that, but this is the only way that kept telling me about something important she needed to discuss that couldn't be said over texts.

Also, post yourself doing something you enjoy. Like men, women want to see that you have a life outside Tinder. Don't just cater to the camera; include something you're passionate about. If it's real-estate, then prop your legs up on a desk with books 'n shit, looking care-free. Like hiking? Photo that shit. Like animals? Get some puppy pics -- women melt over dogs. You're more than a face, Econ. You are a human being with aspirations and pleasures. Share them, and you'll have more like-minded chicks checking you out. They sure as hell filter out guys, so filter them in turn.

So, I actually just read this. Actually some decent advice here. The legs up, desk thing might be worth looking into. So thanks bro!

-- So, I've been texting this girl all night. Now, she wants to watch a TV show together over the phone. Just met her six hours ago. GIRL, I GOTTA WORK IN THE MORNIN'! ... but, damn she fine so I'll talk to her sweet ass.

-- We watched Fast and Furious until I fell asleep. Then she woke up and told me she wanted to come over. Just got done smashing. Posting this at 2 AM just to fucking say that. The king is back.

6ff23d0cc-36e5-4336-a1d0-9456c37b6b56.jpg
    5487a2f39-104a-46e4-93d0-48ec49558219.2.jpg

Chick cool as fuck too.

Yeah, that's right. I just announced my exploits on SCLegacy. This forums needs new guidelines just for that now ... but it will never be the same.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 07-05-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    -- So, I've been texting this girl all night. Now, she wants to watch a TV show together over the phone. Just met her six hours ago. GIRL, I GOTTA WORK IN THE MORNIN'! ... but, damn she fine so I'll talk to her sweet ass.

-- We watched Fast and Furious until I fell asleep. Then she woke up and told me she wanted to come over. Just got done smashing. Posting this at 2 AM just to fucking say that. The king is back.

6ff23d0cc-36e5-4336-a1d0-9456c37b6b56.jpg
    5487a2f39-104a-46e4-93d0-48ec49558219.2.jpg

Chick cool as fuck too.

Yeah, that's right. I just announced my exploits on SCLegacy. This forums needs new guidelines just for that now ... but it will never be the same.
    Well, good to know you enjoyed the night. Oh, the wonders of technology.

Damn, I love that calls are mostly free in my country, otherwise I would get bills for lengthy 1-2 hour calls every two days with the GF.

We've always been the coolest SC circlejerk out there. Now you just added some spice to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I'm Canadian but I imagine the scene is almost the same as in the US and by the same I mean it's super diversified Obviously things are different based on age, ethnicity, social background and etc but if I had to describe the average date culture of European descent then it would sound like this:

The average single person wants a relationship but is lazy about trying to get one. Women are usually much worse in that regard on average. Part of the reason is a very biased vision of reality constructed by Hollywood and pop culture. So, usually people end up dating by coincidence rather than complicated courtship but the motion is usually initiated by the guy regardless. Basically, a single guy and a single girl take the same class, work at the same place, hang with the same friends or whatever. Then the guy makes some subtle move and if he can indirectly convince the girl that he's worth a try even if he's not *insert hot guy name* then a relation will develop. These days people usually reject conservative values so they'll probably have sex and start living together soon enough. Then, after ~1-3 years, their brains switch chemicals and most relation usually break at that point because the average person lives on emotion. They don't commit 100% to a relationship and can't fathom the fact that you can't love someone 100% all the time so the breakups are inevitable. So, the cycle is renewed with new partners until they reach a certain age where they are expected to start a family or convince themselves that they need one. At that point, they get passed the 1-3 years chemical shift because kids are forcing them to stick together(most of the time at least...).
    Thanks for the bits of info. It's not very different from Mexico then. We just fall into more conservative prejudice, but people still want to get out of that. However, couples think that getting married will solve their relationship for them. Oh boy, do we get divorces.

Shout out to all of the women that let me put my penis inside of her.

So, I fucked up my the description last night.

Here's what's happened:

1) Chattered her up a bit on POF from around 1:00 to 3:00
    2) Started texting her from 7:00 to 9:00
    3) We started talking because she thought I was a fake (whatever that means)
    4) We talked and watched some TV over the phone (American Gods)
    5) She mentioned she was a huge Fast and Furious fan so we watched Furious 8, over the phone ... we also Snapchatted a little bit
    6) It got late, and I work early, so I feel the fuck asleep .. I guess around 12:00
    7) About an hour later, she woke me up and told me she wanted to come over.
    8) ...
    9) Profit!!! (I was pokin' her kydneys)

And that's how the fuck its done boys, from first contact POF message to my house in just under twelve hours.

Also, the girl I posted texts of earlier, who I thought was a prostitute, messaged me late light again, with more pictures, and her Facebook, Kik, and Snapchat. Seems more legit now, I'll see if I can slide up in there too.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 07-05-2017 at 07:07 PM.

And that other chick before seems legit, if dumb, but dat ass, so I know what I'm doing in the next few nights

-- Nevermind, fuck that baby poppin' bitch, me and Natasha are going to a bonfire on Saturday (because apparently bonfires are the block parties of country Tennessee)

281a6209e-4e97-4cb5-94fb-ca285f60a6fd.jpg

I'm also learning that the best time to slide up in her DMs is around 11:00, same chick that is cold during the day, is down af come night time. Shoot her a message in the early afternoon, after she responds, wait until late at night, build that anticipation, and then slay

.... and this is how you do it

Capture2.JPG
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 07-05-2017 at 10:21 PM.

I actually disagree. Men pretty clearly have the advantage over women in dating. Culturally (or psychologically, could be either) they are expected to initiate, which means they get to initiate. Women have to wait for someone to notice them. Not to mention that women are more physically attractive at younger ages, meaning they lose beauty over time. Men, on the other hand, can become distinguished and handsome as they age. A good example of this is John Romero, who went from alright guy with woman's hair in the nineties, to adorable and stylish today. Seriously, he's hot. Not to mention that since men can't have children, they are able to hold jobs for longer periods of time, and thus gain more experience and have more net worth as they age.

Sure, women set the rules, but we've always done that.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.