Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dating Thread

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: What Are You Reading?

So, I was working on creating a profile for plenty of fish and I accidentally put myself as 'Woman' seeking 'Man'. I created a profile, had no picture or text, took a break, went to the gym to think about what to say, came back.. Holy Fuck .. Over 99 views (I assume the max counted) and over 8 messages (which quickly became 18). We're talking a 45-60 minute span of time here. It's died down a bit since the first two hours, but, still.. Jesus Christ ..

Fuck this shit, I'm not even going to waste my time. I don't care who you are, you can't compete with this shit.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Go back to picking up chicks on campus. You're not going to find the hottest or smartest girls online. I mean, you can, but it's an uphill battle. If you're looking for an easy lay though, nothing beats copy/pasting messages online on your phone and playing the numbers game while you otherwise sit on your ass or waste time at your job.
    Last edited by Gradius; 07-02-2017 at 06:05 PM.

I will never, ever try to pick up a chick online again. Never. I could bag a dozen girls in the time it would take for me to get a single message back. This empty, pictureless profile got more hits in an hour than I got on Tinder in three weeks, never mind first messages.

Its quite humbling that this profile got more when, I'm a pretty handsome guy (or at least I thought) been working out at the gym every day since I was 14, I had lots of fun pictures at the beach, on jetskis, in some bars, I talked about my real estate business, I wrote nice sincere messages relevant to her profile, etc. I got next to nothing of any real value, 7/10 chicks with three kids looking for sugar daddy's. That's about it.

But, this damn profiles getting blown up. I've been keeping to active for about five hours now out of lulz, but now I'm just going to delete it because its blowing up my phone.

Always carried myself with confidence and swagger ... but now my balls are shriveled up like raisins ..

Just kidding .. Get money ... Fuck them bitches ...

-- I have officially closed the account. It was active for about five hours (during peak working hours, does anyone work anymore?) and I received at least 300 views and 31 messages. I can't even begin to imagine what a pretty girl gets over the course of a subscription period.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 07-02-2017 at 06:23 PM.

lol idk if it's just the North American culture but the number of thirsty dudes is staggering. It's worse online but in real life, girls get hunted like crazy as well. I feel bad for some of my friends that are singles and not really on top of their game(a bit chubby, salary between 35-50k, etc). In a world where the competition wouldn't be so aggressive, I'm sure they could get someone because they really don't look all that bad and they are great guys. But the culture right now pretty much assure that they'll be single forever unless they want to go out with psychotic single moms with 4 kids from different fathers that look like this.

Yeah, unless they step up their game they're going to have to end up taking a fatty lol.

lol idk if it's just the North American culture but the number of thirsty dudes is staggering.
    Haha it's on both sides.

I feel a lot of it again has to do with the capitalistic spin on dating. People are always looking to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. I've heard that effective marketing takes up to 3/4 your gross revenue, and people are following this formula. As a result, while the product looks good, the craftsmanship and quality are poor upon closer inspection. It doesn't help that straight-forwardness is shunned -- you're not dating, you're just "hanging out" -- so stability and mutual understanding are fleeting.

Part of it is the technological age, and I'm sure part of it is many millennials looking at how cranky and dissatisfied their parents are even after they found "The One." TM
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Haha it's on both sides.

I feel a lot of it again has to do with the capitalistic spin on dating. People are always looking to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. I've heard that effective marketing takes up to 3/4 your gross revenue, and people are following this formula. As a result, while the product looks good, the craftsmanship and quality are poor upon closer inspection. It doesn't help that straight-forwardness is shunned -- you're not dating, you're just "hanging out" -- so stability and mutual understanding are fleeting.

Part of it is the technological age, and I'm sure part of it is many millennials looking at how cranky and dissatisfied their parents are even after they found "The One." TM
    If people do settle down, they want somebody they feel like they shouldn't deserve. Every average guy wants to date a 10 and vice-versa.
    Last edited by Gradius; 07-03-2017 at 07:57 PM.

This got deep, real fast.

...I'm trying to think of a clever comment to say from the female perspective, but uh, I got nothin'. But yes, a lack of straightforwardness is a problem. If a guy would just say, "hey, I think you're interesting, wanna go for coffee later?" then that would strip away a lot of problems right there. Instead, guys try and be "cute." Like the time some guy just walked up and asked me to guess where he was from. Though I suppose it was pretty straightforward the time the guy walked up to me and said, "Do you like to drink?" without even asking my name.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

If a guy would just say, "hey, I think you're interesting, wanna go for coffee later?" then that would strip away a lot of problems right there.
    I have said this damn near verbatim about 200 times. it didn't work half as well as some dumb ass shit I came up with in the three seconds I looked at her profile. I can't tell you how many one-liner jokes I've made about something on her profile just to show I'm funny and witty. Also, pretty much every article I read on the subject says the exact opposite. Every guy says that, so you have to stand-out with something else. My quick perusal of the messages to my empty profile attest to this.

I think this might be another case of 'never ask a deer how she wants to be hunted' but, alright, Nissa. You're the only female perspective I've got.

What the fuck is wrong with this pic?

20170703_184434(0).jpg

Because I got nothing worthwhile on Tinder with this along with a bunch of pictures of doing fun things like jet skiing, surfing, rock climbing, etc. I even had pictures of me with my niece and nephew at a fair for fuck sake.

Key word is worth while, I had no problem getting trashy or ugly chicks. I realize that I'm coming off as incredibly douchey in this topic, but that's because of the context of this forum and my attempt to bring humor to this. I've been in mulitple one-year plus relationships with classy intelligent businesswomen, I'm not an asshole and I know how to treat a lady with respect and I let that convey in my messages and profile. I've also bagged should-be models off Miami Beach for years. Still nothing ...

But that's Tinder ...

In real life, douchebaggery works much better and I will never be pimped!!! Play on playa

And, since you're bringing capitalism into it, if anything the market value of women has decreased because the market is flooded with cheap substitutes (more slutty chicks). The market is over-saturated and differentiation costs are staggering.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 07-03-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Not a girl but you're looking good dude. Assuming this is the first picture that women see, I think the problem is that the picture gives a douchey vibe and looks staged. You're taking a selfie in your brand new ride with a dress shirt. You might have more success in a plainer setting(outdoor evening or w/e) and with more casual clothes. Also, probably better to not have a top down selfie angle but straight ahead instead (but not looking directly at camera). I could give some reasoning behind this but it's all very unscientific and post-fact so..