Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: The Dating Thread

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: The Dating Thread

Almost two months of non-stop dating and I want to fucking kill myself, literally.

I saw, I conquered, I came. The job is done. Fuck this shit. I don't know what I'm trying to prove to myself.

I have been in a terrible state in this area; unable to get any kind of date., even via apps like tinder and okcupid. I read your posts economist and balk at it; how on earth do these people gravitate towards you under such absurd circumstances as an ihop?!
    Don't be a nice guy. Don't be what the girl says she wants you to be. Don't think about what you should do, or how to say things, just focus on ACTUALLY BEING the guy the she can't let go. Treat her significantly worse than you want to and only do what things with her you also want to do. Don't try to appeal to her mind, appeal to her biology, and usually those are separate things.

As for actually getting a date, get a picture with a fancy ass car, and take a selfie at a good angle, then take some actions shots of you doing some random macho and nice guy shit, maybe throw in a picture with a kid. That'll get you A GIRL, but probably not the girl you want, that takes finesse and timing. As for getting a high-quality, nice girl, I have no fucking clue how to do that online, only in person.

Other than that, I have absolutely no fucking clue. It's all throwing darts in the dark anyways. It's not even that women are different, it's that women are different at different times.

Also, 22 shots?! :0
    I assume so, bar tab minus tip was $88, and shots are $4 each. I didn't count otherwise.

When the cops showed up, with a single shot of adrenaline, I sobered right the fuck up. Thank God for my metabolism/biology/mania, lol, comes in handy at the strangest times.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 08-31-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I fucked up and severely misrepresented my knowledge of Star Wars to some girl. She wanted to talk about the deeper meanings of the Force and some of the books. I was spewing so much beautiful fucking fake shit, I was like a majestic unicorn with rainbow shits projecting from my ass.

Brought it back though with my knowledge of Ancient Egypt, she's a history major.

Once I'm done texting her, I'm going to post this Grade A Bullshit Steak.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 09-04-2017 at 07:27 PM.

So, this is weird. The girl I was talking about in the above post, I've been dating for about seven months now. Just got engaged last Saturday. Haha, life is funny

Why so soon? Well, the wedding wouldn't be until at least six months from now, probably more. But she's agreed to move back to Florida with me and is letting me build on some land her grandparents gave her. So, it's only fair
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 12-16-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Holy shit! Congrats.

Thanks bro
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 04-02-2018 at 02:38 PM.

From playah to married man huh, good stuff eco! Hope it works well for you guys

Wow....that's great! Pretty cute ring you got her, too.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    From playah to married man huh, good stuff eco! Hope it works well for you guys
    I suppose so, hahaha. I'm almost 29 years old and I've never been in a serious relationship, and I need to adult now so that I can have kids and do those big life things

Wow....that's great! Pretty cute ring you got her, too.
    She picked it out. Wanted a smaller, more comfortable ring. Male ego in me wanted to buy a massive fucking rock though. It's cute, i guess, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    She picked it out. Wanted a smaller, more comfortable ring. Male ego in me wanted to buy a massive fucking rock though. It's cute, i guess, haha.
    Haha, yeah, now that you mention it, that's a pretty girly ring for a dude to have picked out.

Oh yeah, I've been binge-reading this website recently: etiquettehell.com. In their archives they have a lot of wedding horror stories, so if you want to learn from their mistakes/become paranoid and horrified at wedding stuff, binge away.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

So, she's pregnant. I guess I'm going to be a daddy in about eight months. I must meditate on these things.