Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dating Thread

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default The Dating Thread

So, I tried out Tinder a while ago so I guess I've been reading bullshit. Worked decently for the most part (although the average Tinder girl is fucking dumb) but I had this one strange conversation that went something like this:

[lots of texting with obvious sexual tension and chemistry]
    Girl: You aren't Republican, are you?
    Me: No, I'm libertarian.
    Girl: Where do you stand on [insert bullshit issues]
    Me: Libertarians are socially liberally, economically conservative.
    Girl: So you're right-wing?
    Me: Only on Economics, but I'm not really rig--
    Girl: I can't date someone right-wing.
    Me: You see, I'm an Economist so my opinion is informed by--
    Girl: I don't care. Bye.
    Me: ... Bitch, you have three kids, you're 24, with no skills, and divorced. You can't be picky.

I'm not a dick though so I didn't say the last thing, of course.

Also, while I'm on this bullshit subject, most of the other Tinder conversations basically went like this:

Girl: You're not looking for sex/an asshole/rapist/abuser/etc
    Me: No, I'm a nice guy.
    Girl: Ewwww, I don't like nice guys.
    Me: Bitch, I'll fuck you in the ass right now and I won't even ask you permission.
    Girl: All guys are the same! Asshole! ... But I want to talk to you more now [insert flirty emoji of choice]
    Me: If I promise to cry and snuggle afterwards, can I get up in them guts?
    Girl: Okay, but we have to talk about my kids first and how bad their daddy is and how much not like him you are.

Oh well, back to picking up chicks walking around campus (but far from the Humanities building). Damn, I miss when intelligent, put-together women were around me constantly. Why did I waste time actually studying?
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 06-29-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Default Re: What Are You Reading?

Damn, I miss when intelligent, put-together women were around me constantly.
    Let me know when you find their nesting ground. ;_;
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Respectable women aren't grown. They are made. They have to experience the real-world which will not be as nice to them as every dude before that's wanted to fuck them. It wll batter them into an actual human being. There's a massive difference (on Tinder) between 21-24 year old girls and 26-29. So, disregard their existence until closer to 30.

That being said, I've realized I should be more selective. She may seem above average, but if she doesn't have some kind of college degree, dat bitch is dumb. I always thought I was above just chasing ass, but, looking back at the girls I messaged, maybe not, haha.

Usual bitter jokes aside, Tinder seems pretty easy. It's not bad for what it is. I'm old school though. I like face-to-face first encounters. Plus, I may be too old still be doing this.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 06-30-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Apps like Tinder and OKC turn individuals into easily replaceable products. Everyone is window shopping, looking to satisfy that craving for the flavor of the week. Single-serving friends and all that.

Which is why I prefer in person communication. I'm too lazy to think of some bullshit she's never heard before based on two sentences in her profile. I'd rather just run up on her and flash the time-honored objects collectively known as pussy magnets which somehow shows her I'm not some broke ass loser. I kid, I'm actually a nice guy, after I go through the routine of making her think I'm not a nice guy but then wanting me to be a nice guy.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 06-30-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    So, I tried out Tinder a while ago so I guess I've been reading bullshit. Worked decently for the most part (although the average Tinder girl is fucking dumb) but I had this one strange conversation that went something like this:

[lots of texting with obvious sexual tension and chemistry]
    Girl: You aren't Republican, are you?
    Me: No, I'm libertarian.
    Girl: Where do you stand on [insert bullshit issues]
    Me: Libertarians are socially liberally, economically conservative.
    Girl: So you're right-wing?
    Me: Only on Economics, but I'm not really rig--
    Girl: I can't date someone right-wing.
    Me: You see, I'm an Economist so my opinion is informed by--
    Girl: I don't care. Bye.
    Me: ... Bitch, you have three kids, you're 24, with no skills, and divorced. You can't be picky.

I'm not a dick though so I didn't say the last thing, of course.

Also, while I'm on this bullshit subject, most of the other Tinder conversations basically went like this:

Girl: You're not looking for sex/an asshole/rapist/abuser/etc
    Me: No, I'm a nice guy.
    Girl: Ewwww, I don't like nice guys.
    Me: Bitch, I'll fuck you in the ass right now and I won't even ask you permission.
    Girl: All guys are the same! Asshole! ... But I want to talk to you more now [insert flirty emoji of choice]
    Me: If I promise to cry and snuggle afterwards, can I get up in them guts?
    Girl: Okay, but we have to talk about my kids first and how bad their daddy is and how much not like him you are.

Oh well, back to picking up chicks walking around campus (but far from the Humanities building). Damn, I miss when intelligent, put-together women were around me constantly. Why did I waste time actually studying?
    l.o.l.

You're back in school? Thought you were done. Either way, VoK nailed it. Tinder and etc are a great idea but in practice it just doesn't work because of the catalog effect. For dudes it's even worst because of supply/demand favoring girls. Just join social clubs and go to meetup groups. That's where you find good women or at least expend your social circle enough to then reach more potential catches.

One does not need to be in college to pick up chicks on campus, since pretty much every club is on the campus. Plus, like you said, 'social clubs' The campus I'm referring to isn't the campus I took classes at though, in it is literally across the United States.

I only tried Tinder to say I actually did. Been watching some funny vids of Tinder experiences and wanted to fuck with it. Not even I am man-whorish enough to come close to that place anymore.

Think I might try Plenty of Fish soon though, 'cus, you know ... new things
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 06-30-2017 at 08:19 PM.

I tried pof and OkCupid years back when I was single; was better than tinder imo. You can somewhat accurately judge the intelligence of your matches by the number of words they have on their profile But the supply/demand is still unfavorable; probably worse actually. The moment a women open an account on pof, she receives at least 5 dick pic, and then it's 10 daily. Those are filtered out on tinder. But, at least you can have more elaborate profiles.

Think I might try Plenty of Fish soon though, 'cus, you know ... new things
    Getting your funk on. Got it.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Well, I have to adjust to not having easing access to women so I'm just trying things out. I don't expect much, but, you know, man's gotta hunt.

I will say though, this experience has made me want to statistically analyze the fuck out of just how much worse it is for guys on these sites, lol.

That's true about the dick picks, I spent ten minutes on POF and pretty much every other profile was "stop sending me dick pics" or a long list of unreasonable criteria you must meet before she will even talk to you. I haven't checked any male profiles but I'm guessing they're pretty simple and rarely say anything besides "please don't be crazy".

I guess I'll check back in in a couple of days/weeks to complain here about how annoying the whole thing was.

Also, I happened to google pickup lines from movies for use in Tinder (because fuck it) and I can't believe I missed the perfect response to the above:

"How would you like to have a sexual experience so intense it could conceivably change your political views?" - John Cusack, The Sure Thing

Getting your funk on. Got it.
    Not sure I understand.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 07-01-2017 at 07:30 AM.