Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Who likes to write fanfiction?

Default Re: Who likes to write fanfiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    FF.net is nowhere near as welcoming as alternatehistory.com, but I still post there simply because that directory gets more views than the AO3 directory.

I suspect the difference is due to differences in philosophy.

Those writers on FF.net are mostly invested in the Kerry/Raynor romance, with the next largest group being those who write stories where a random person on a random fantasy planet gets control of a zerg swarm and suddenly decides to go on a conquest spree. Pretty much nobody is interested in actually exploring the setting itself, which is unsurprising since Blizzard has always presented the setting as a bland, lifeless theme park for their wish fulfillment characters to have unoriginal Saturday morning cartoon adventures in.
    I hope you know that part kind of died out after HotS because what people got turned out to be the exact opposite of what they expected. Even I began to turn away from the redemption status and decided to take a more reckoning tone. Nevertheless even for the fic I wrote back then for my version of what happened post WoL their pairing wasn't the main focus of the storyline. I too focused on the universe itself, but I used the SC2 lore. You can argue all you want about it being nothing but vomit, but you're not going to convince everyone else on the planet.

I have been working on fanfiction.

https://archiveofourown.org/collections/starcraftau

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1152157/

I prefer AO3 over FF.net because the interface and features are simply superior.

I started publishing two new fics this week. The first is written from the POV of the Mar Sara Magistrate shortly after the Battle of Chau Sara. The second is written from the POV of a zerg/human hybrid created by Cerberus to tame the zerg. Similar templates have been used by several fanfics there already, but I decided to subvert expectations rather than blindly follow the trend.

Yeah but I found too many of the fics on AO3 way too silly. Just look at the Far Cry fics.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Yeah but I found too many of the fics on AO3 way too silly. Just look at the Far Cry fics.
    K. If you have anything to say about my fics, then feel free to comment on them. I'm pretty sure anonymous commenting is enabled.

Yeah I know. Used to read and review an Avatar fic (the film Avatar), which was really good. I didn't say ALL the fics there are too silly....

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Yeah I know. Used to read and review an Avatar fic (the film Avatar), which was really good. I didn't say ALL the fics there are too silly....
    Great. If you have any criticism or suggestions, anything at all, then feel free to let me know.

In due time