Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: StarCraft & Atmosphere

Default Re: StarCraft & Atmosphere

The blizzard site says 2 billion died, but doesn't say how many lived on the planet total. I've seen the half figure given for how many died/evacuated but never any source for it.

It's still physically impossible to kill that many people so quickly using only ground troops and air support. It's more likely that they all died of dehydration due to damaged infrastructure.

But the amount of death is still ridiculously high as we said before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    How long do you guys suppose the Great War actually lasted if treated remotely realistically?
    Given the amount of destruction that could be wrought by both the Protoss and Zerg, 6 months would be a long time for such a war to last. Moreso if the populations in the K sector aren't in the billions.

In canon the Fall of Tarsonis is literally 24 hours, during which half the pop (1+ billion) are evacuated.
    That's clearly a retcon. The largest Zerg Brood, Tiamat was only estimated to be 6.5 million (source: manual), with many other broods not even figuring into the millions. It stands to reason that if the Zerg were considered to be outnumbering their opposition even with the numbers in the low millions, Tarsonis cannot have 1 billion people (or in other words, 153 times more than the largest Zerg brood...).
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

The blizzard site says 2 billion died, but doesn't say how many lived on the planet total. I've seen the half figure given for how many died/evacuated but never any source for it.

It's still physically impossible to kill that many people so quickly using only ground troops and air support. It's more likely that they all died of dehydration due to damaged infrastructure.

But the amount of death is still ridiculously high as we said before.
    I thought 2 billion was just the TOTAL Tarsonis population. Then again it's been a while since I looked at the site, I'll go check again soon.