Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Fix StarCraft Remastered

Default How To Fix StarCraft Remastered

So we've all seen the new portraits and splash art, especially the new Protoss Victory Screen, tend to espouse an SC2 style, hyper-realistic, non-gritty art style.

The question is: What can be done to change the new art into something that jives more with SC1? It dosen't have to be realistic, but by talking about SC:RM in this way I think it's easier to notice the inconsistencies.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: How To Fix StarCraft Remastered

What can be done to change the new art into something that jives more with SC1?
    The blue print is already there. They just have to the touch it up. They're missing the point because they don't want to, therefore, nothing can be done.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadprotoss View Post
    The question is: What can be done to change the new art into something that jives more with SC1? It dosen't have to be realistic, but by talking about SC:RM in this way I think it's easier to notice the inconsistencies.
    Easy, just look at Eco's signature of the old victory screens of each race. What sticks out most across all three of them? Answer: The darkness and shadows are quite accentuated.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

To be honest, I'm fairly certain that Blizzard won't change their art. Look at SC2 and D3. People were crying A LOT more than they are now for SC:R and Blizzard just gave them the finger. In D3, that took the form of the unicorn level and in SC2 Samwise joked about putting more wings on the zerglings and stuff like that. They really don't care. They've always been kinda bad at dealing with gamers' opinions of their art direction. In fact, the only time I remember them ever promptly and directly appeasing the fans was for SJW non-sense related to Overwatch. To be fair, it's easier to remove an asset(what happened with overwatch) than remaking assets but anyways.

Which is sad since the reason StarCraft is the game it is today is because they went back to the drawing board after the initial unveiling of StarCraft was panned as 'WarCraft in Space'. Looks like they've just always wanted to make variations of WarCraft and anything else is the exception tolerated temporarily with much reluctance.

I remember them ever promptly and directly appeasing the fans was for SJW non-sense related to Overwatch.
    Yeah, I remember the whole 'Tracer is too sexy!!!" non-sense, and then turned her into a lesbian (with rumors of being transgender, because inherent, irreconcilable contradictios shouldn't get in the way of SJW check lists).

*sigh*

If only true fans could get half of the reaction as SJWs.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 06-04-2017 at 05:59 AM.

I like how they appease people that don't even play their games, but flip us players off while laughing in our faces.

keep it up blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadprotoss View Post
    The question is: What can be done to change the new art into something that jives more with SC1?
    Same art, more pixels.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

On that note Nissa, we finally have the old Terran Briefing Room remastered!

https://yt3.ggpht.com/XF4xm-TVc4raCm...ffffff-rj-k-no

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banner...78768/1500x500

It looks pretty damn faithful to the original, save for the irony that the original was actually a bit more well lit (which in my opinion, changes the feel quite a bit), but it shows they were on the right track!

Terran briefing comparison.jpg

Someone awesome on the new StarCraft 1 forums made this side-to-side comparison.
    Last edited by Undeadprotoss; 06-05-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Good thing the intern ignored Samwise and didn't put in the colorful iMac computers.

That would have taken a Didier all over the artwork.