• OK effect

6 19.35%
  • Bad indicator

3 9.68%
  • Disadvantage

2 6.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What you think of the Psi Storm?

Post What you think of the Psi Storm?

Compared to SC1, the Psi Storm has remained much the same. The swirling effect that has no effect other than visual gives the player a chance to predict it and move his or her units away. Write your opinion: Is it a great advantage, a good indicator, an OK effect, bad indicator, or it leaves the caster in disadvantage?

Default Re: What you think of the Psi Storm?

Looks absolutely stunning. I do hope they prolong its duration slightly while reducing its damage over time, but overall I'm happy it has remained and love the visuals.

I think storm is way too fast in it's current form. You get a half-second of 'warning' animation, and wham! - by the time your units start moving, the damage is pretty much done.

Definitely no disadvantage for the caster; with smartcast, you'll be able to fill up a screen with storms like a pro.

I definitely love the look of the new storm, but to be fair, it needs less-to-no warning, (make the tornado visual a part of the damage) and longer duration with the damage spread out. To me, it just looks too easy right now.

"Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

The new Psi storm gives too much to the twitch gameplay over the tactical thought. The old psi storm was very readable and very cinematic. The new one was just BAM BAM (That’s two psi storms btw)… too fast, not enough storm like feeling.

After watching the br4 a couple more times, I have to agree with those saying the storm is just simply too quick.

Honestly, I was against a cast-time 100% in the beginning. As I think the game should give instant results from a decision, or its not real-time in my opinion. However, there needs to be a longer visual indicator that a storm is coming, so a player has the chance to dodge.

So, I agree with a longer animation, or less damage done over a longer period of time. A better protoss player would have showed psi-storm to be seriously over powered as it is now. This guy stormed himself, sent HTs to their death, and simply didnt do a good job on placement in a few casts. The time he did do good, he ended up killing david kim's entire army because of it. This likely would have happened with good placement of a slightly nerfed psi-storm as well, but david kim is so good, he may have saved some units if he had some time to react.

Honestly, I think they buffed the power of psi-storm for that game to give the protoss a decent chance of winning.
    http://sclegacy.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=23&dateline=124193888  6

Please stop the spread of Mass Effect!!!

As with everyone else, it appears too fast. It becomes more of an instant all-damage in one cast. In StarCraft, the only spells that were instant gratification were immobilizing ones, no damaging ones. Of course that's not true for Plague, but that takes time, and is not entirely too useful in the heat of battle.

I say to lengthen out the storm (and its damage), but not as long as the original (StarCraft Vanilla), but a few short of it. Shorter, because it gives the do-no-damage beginning for a quick warning. Otherwise, I like the idea of a sign before the storm.

It's pretty the good the way it is atm. It still feels a little too strong because the swirl effect is not long enough but over all I prefer it over the one in SC1.

I like the visuals but I feel that it looks a bit like a snow storm and not a thunder storm. (of course its actually a psionic storm :P)

While I agree that it is a good indicator, it seems to happen too fast, I wonder if it's possible to avoid getting all the damage the way you could just run away in SC1

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    I think storm is way too fast in it's current form. You get a half-second of 'warning' animation, and wham! - by the time your units start moving, the damage is pretty much done.

Definitely no disadvantage for the caster; with smartcast, you'll be able to fill up a screen with storms like a pro.

I definitely love the look of the new storm, but to be fair, it needs less-to-no warning, (make the tornado visual a part of the damage) and longer duration with the damage spread out. To me, it just looks too easy right now.

I agree 100% with this. I have been in PvP games where a Dragoon force supported with HTs fighted a similar force. Dodging Storms while trying to bring down the enemy HTs, and at the same time trying to do the highest possible damage with your Storms is pure fun.

The visual effect is very good.