Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Last Jedi - Trailer

Default Re: The Last Jedi - Trailer

You guys are generous The only reason why I could give it some slack is that SW never had a super solid story to being with so dumb craps were to be expected. At least it was pretty. I wouldn't be surprised if they told their artists to draw random cool shits, selected the best pieces and THEN wrote a story to glue it up based on Disney's agenda.

Worst part is that, if the aim was just to make cool shit, it isn't even that good in that regard. EA/Bioware make 3 minutes trailers that are cooler than any SW movies. I don't even know who the characters are in those trailers but they somehow manage to interest me more than whoever the movies try sell me in 2 hours.

The Leia revival scene though ... that should live on forever in infamy of dankmemes and lolwuts for years for how fucking stupid it was.
    fuck that was so bad. This is Disney, so this probably had to go through several layers of approval and somehow, it passed. I have trouble understanding that.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

The Asian chick was the worst character by far.

Whats the problem with the Leia revival scene other than not being able to survive space that long?

Agreed on the Asian chick.

Whats the problem with the Leia revival scene other than not being able to survive space that long?
    Scientifically, you'll have a hard time making sense out of it but, space magic so whatever. My suspension of disbelief was broken way before that scene. The main 2 problems are that it just looks cheesy bad and it's "too much" in a movie that's already packed with unnecessary crap. Should really have let her died right there.

*looks around*

Okay, won't be seein' it then.

Actually I probably won't be watching any movie until a decade is out, and more competitors to Hollywood are out there. There's always Bollywood, though.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Oh.

Oh no.

Oh god no.

There's another one.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Another one what?

Oh, and I meant I probably won't watch another movie in the theater, because it's just not worth the hassle to watch a meh film. I'll watch stuff for cheap/free. And because that is possible for where I work, I have now finally seen The Force Awakens. It's like a movie on fast forward -- any time they try to have actual character development, an unnecessary action scene pops up. I liked the characters, though.

- Artanis.

Star Wars: Solo.

The untold story nobody wanted.

Edit Oh, and of course Weiss and Benioff from Game of Thrones are doing a Star Wars movie series, and Ryan is contracted for a trilogy. Plus JJ is finishing out the Force Awakens trilogy. And an Obi-Wan movie is planned.

Wow.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 02-10-2018 at 02:37 PM.

That cow won't milk itself

My thoughts on all these:
    -10$ JJ wants to murder Ryan for ruining what he started. Might also be crying after looking at what he has to fix.
    -Kath Kennedy MUST be rethinking Ryan's role in the next trilogy. Please just fire him...
    -Hopefully W&B's show will be set in the old republic.
    -Solo looks meh at best. Maybe it's just me but if there's no jedi/sith, then I don't give a crap. Rogue One was a surprise though so who knows.

Hey, I heard in a review that they "got rid of" Jedi teaching in The Last Jedi. What was that about?

- Artanis.

It basically came down to, "The Jedi'sv actions led to Darth Vader." There's a little more nuance than that; Luke admits the Jedi of old were complacent and arrogant and unchanging, leading to their defeat at the hands of Sidious and Vader.

But now you're thinking, "Well, what about YOUR contribution to the Jedi order, Luke?" To which Luke hems and haws before finally admiting "I done goofed with Kylo," and is running from his problems... Which, honestly, is kinda what Jedi Masters do. This, however, is key in humanizing the Jedi; Luke goes into detail about how Jedi are frequently venerated as demigods. The biggest theme of the movie is about humanizing both sides of the conflict, and humanity consists largely of failure. Lots and Lots of failure.

I didn't like TLJ on my first viewing, but it got better on successive viewings.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 02-10-2018 at 05:35 PM.