Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: SC: RM Feedback/Inconsistencies Mega-Thread

Default Re: SC: RM Feedback/Inconsistencies Mega-Thread

Not only that, but how the spiritual stuff is used in the story. For example, humans in the K Sector are cynical, gritty, and usual scifi but the Protoss seem to represent all the spirituality lost to the humans. We're "wasteful" and "polluting", and Protoss are a more technologically advanced race who haven't lost hold of spirit, and in fact can be spiritual in ways humans cannot, eg archons, the Khala, void-study, etc. The game uses spirituality to tell the difference between our species, and, ironically enough, even the Zerg come across as more spiritual than the Terrans.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Does anyone feel like the new Dragoon looks/feels a bit different? For comparison this is the new model, and this is the old model. .

I feel like the back-legs are a little more prominent in the old model, even though you need to look really closely to see it, the front legs are very pointy and are much smaller compared to the back-legs. The whole old dragoon also looks very sturdy, with the back-legs almost looking like plate. In the new one there is more circuitry, which looks badass, but it might be better if it were less prominent in that way.

I think the difference is that the remaster goon is angled more like everything else in the game.

BIG UPDATE

So with the new update from Blizzard, we have portraits for both Tassadar and Raynor.

Old Raynor
    New Raynor

Old Tassadar
    New Tassadar

What do you guys think? I literally gasped out loud when I saw Tassadar's, it looked very impressive, but I would still say there are some differences in the face/skin/eyes, I'll write something up about it.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I guess Raynor's face got retconned again.

As for Tassadar, not sure if I can ever gauge the quality accurate given how iconic Tassadar's portrait is to me lol

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    I guess Raynor's face got retconned again.

As for Tassadar, not sure if I can ever gauge the quality accurate given how iconic Tassadar's portrait is to me lol
    I agree Raynor's face looks a little too different, as does the skin/eyes on Tassadar. I think thematically both portraits look a little too "postitive" in contrast to the nigh-apocalptic space (no pun intended) that SC1 approaches sometimes. I'll write something on it.

Tasd.jpg

This is my 3d sculpt of Tassadar.

Edit: The new terran music is off for some reason. I hope they'd have an option to let me use the old music.
    Last edited by GnaReffotsirk; 05-13-2017 at 02:43 PM.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Any word on the replay featuers? Will we be able to see replays older than the last SC1 patch? Will it autoadjust engine version? How far back does it go?

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    Any word on the replay featuers? Will we be able to see replays older than the last SC1 patch? Will it autoadjust engine version? How far back does it go?
    From my understanding, the replays work across all versions of StarCraft that existed before the remaster. Seeing as you can switch between the Remaster and the classic version at will, I doubt that wouldn't also be the case for replays.

With that said, I have something exciting to announce. I started a blog to chronologue the differences in the remaster and the original. The first post is the thing I talked to you guys a while ago about.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Tasd.jpg

This is my 3d sculpt of Tassadar.

Edit: The new terran music is off for some reason. I hope they'd have an option to let me use the old music.
    EXCELLENT sculpture! I might even use that as a reference! (if you're ok with that).

They do, and yeah I noticed it was dramatically different, I was gonna write about it, I hope they change it back.