Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft: Legacy's history

Enkidu's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: StarCraft: Legacy's history

Well, I got most of the info... I was already able to (relatively) find SEN and CC's history logs... I was wondering about yours.

Thank you for the info. Are you saying that this forum is dying yet still active at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    So you'd be scripting or doing triggers, when you say "programming?"

I have some story and plot ideas, but then, so does everyone.
    No, not scripting, actual programming. I was proposing we make a custom game outside of the galaxy editor with the unity game engine. Like I said, Robear already has some sick high def sc models and they'd probably not fit well in galaxy but would be great in a game that has a non-rts perspective(fps, 3rd person or whatever). Like I said though, since it's outside galaxy, it would have to be small in scope.

Thank you for the info. Are you saying that this forum is dying yet still active at the same time?
    Saying it's dying would be inaccurate. I'd rather say it's on permanent stable life support or it died and is now a zombie? Basically, the number of active users has been reduced to a few people but these few people show no apparent signs of ever leaving at this point.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I miss the place... Sad that it has been taken down. Would love to go read back all the old stuff.
    I've got old crawler archives of BlizzForums before SCl was born. It's on a hard drive at my mom's house. I've been meaning to look into it but I never seem to go over there and remember it. When I do, I can send you a copy.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    I've got old crawler archives of BlizzForums before SCl was born. It's on a hard drive at my mom's house. I've been meaning to look into it but I never seem to go over there and remember it. When I do, I can send you a copy.
    Yes please! I don't know how large it is but if you could put it on a dropbox or something that'd be cool

Iiinteresting. I'm thinking something like WH40K: Spacehulk set in the SC universe...

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Yes please! I don't know how large it is but if you could put it on a dropbox or something that'd be cool
    It uses some kind of super text compressor algorithm in 7zip. It was gigabytes of HTML converted down to a few megabyte, less than 20, IIRC.

I have old archives of some other SC2 forums, like the original battle.net, sc2forums.org, and whatever other forums I went to at the time, if anyone still even cares about those forums. They died for a reason.

sc2forums.org
    Heeyyy, I remember that one!

SiegeTank was a dick.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

All moderators on that forum were dicks. It's why it was one of the first to bite the dust.

Well, it later evolved into something like UniverseZero where it was re-dedicated to scifi worldbuilding. Some interesting worlds were made but the community lose momentum. I think the remaining members defected to Orion.net, a similarly themed community.

I remember the Admins and Mods were pretty chill. ST was just a special egocentric case.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 01-28-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    You were a mod? Haha. I never knew that.
    Oh yes, over the writing subforum. I barely did anything at all, besides accidentally click "edit" instead of "reply" a couple times. I got voted the third worst mod that year. I'm still proud.

I don't remember that either; was your name Nissa back then too? I vaguely remember a girl mod but man, it's been so long.

I miss the place... Sad that it has been taken down. Would love to go read back all the old stuff.
    Me too, but I'm kinda glad my general noobishness of that time is now gone. I was Gonissa back then, but the girl mod you're thinking of is probably Demon Child. She was around longer than I was, and way more popular. She also had a really great JAD comic avatar, too.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.