Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: StarCraft: Legacy's history

Default Re: StarCraft: Legacy's history

Anyone tried Desert of Kharak? I never played it but it looked interesting.

Otherwise Dawn of War 3 looks promising. I really liked the first one (sequel was meh) and it looks like they are going back to their roots with the 3rd one.

Also, maybe Halo Wars 2. I didn't like the first at all but there are so little new RTS being made that I'd give anything a chance.

I just finished DoW Retribution, and I swear the pathing AI lost twenty IQ points from DoW II. I'm upset the cover system is being conpletely gutted in III. The art direction is too MOBA too.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

You see, guys, the problem is that you are not playing The Witcher 3.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    You see, guys, the problem is that you are not playing The Witcher 3.
    I am actually lol. Started a month and a half ago right after finishing number 2. I'm at the end preparing for the final battle. Don't always agree with the critics but yeah.. this is a masterpiece. True AAA. 10/10.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Good man! Didn't know you had it in you.

After the final battle, you can look forward to lots and lots of preparation to be able to hang with the DLC monsters. Savor it.

The books are also superb, by the way. Thinking of also checking out the comic series.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Thanks for sharing wonderful details about Starcraft legacy.

Hi all, StarCraft legacy started in something like 1997, or earlier. I joined in 1998, when I was 16, after the Brood War expansion pack came out. As others have said, the main page really focussed on news, etc., and eventually a forum was created that eventually morphed into Blizzforums (the idea being that Blizzforums wouldn't simply be about Starcraft -- in the meantime Blizzard had had a number of successful other franchise developments, e.g. WarCraft 3 and Diablo 2 and so on). The site, when I joined, was primarily run by a guy named RedCloak, and owned by a cop in the south somewhere (Texas) who went by Enforcerman. The graphics were by Galahad. Later we had a fellow who went by XG3 who, I believe, went on to work at Blizzard as a graphics designer.

At its peak SCL was one of the most popular fan-run SC websites (I'd guess the most popular in terms of daily page hits, which were in at least the tens of thousands, around 1999 to 2002). At some point we had a kind of semi-official status with Blizzard; the company invited a number of webmasters to its HQ (sadly I never went, but Redcloak and Enforcerman both did -- I have a Christmas card or two from Blizzard somewhere). Of course, the site 'evolved' with many content additions and the lively forum, which would need its own separate history. The autonomous (or poisonous, depending on how you look at it) nature of Blizzforums eventually led to its splitting from SC:L, and now it appears Blizzforums is 404ed.

There it is. Was quite fun in the day, and posting news items and content features that thousands of people would read, and sometimes discuss, had a special rush to it.
    Last edited by Cronoss; 12-28-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoss View Post
    Hi all, StarCraft legacy started in something like 1997, or earlier. I joined in 1998, when I was 16, after the Brood War expansion pack came out. As others have said, the main page really focussed on news, etc., and eventually a forum was created that eventually morphed into Blizzforums (the idea being that Blizzforums wouldn't simply be about Starcraft -- in the meantime Blizzard had had a number of successful other franchise developments, e.g. WarCraft 3 and Diablo 2 and so on). The site, when I joined, was primarily run by a guy named RedCloak, and owned by a cop in the south somewhere (Texas) who went by Enforcerman. The graphics were by Galahad. Later we had a fellow who went by XG3 who, I believe, went on to work at Blizzard as a graphics designer.

At its peak SCL was one of the most popular fan-run SC websites (I'd guess the most popular in terms of daily page hits, which were in at least the tens of thousands, around 1999 to 2002). At some point we had a kind of semi-official status with Blizzard; the company invited a number of webmasters to its HQ (sadly I never went, but Redcloak and Enforcerman both did -- I have a Christmas card or two from Blizzard somewhere). Of course, the site 'evolved' with many content additions and the lively forum, which would need its own separate history. The autonomous (or poisonous, depending on how you look at it) nature of Blizzforums eventually led to its splitting from SC:L, and now it appears Blizzforums is 404ed.

There it is. Was quite fun in the day, and posting news items and content features that thousands of people would read, and sometimes discuss, had a special rush to it.
    Interesting! Thank you, Cronoss. That answered a good bit of questions I had back then when I started this thread. The only question left is; Was it younger or older than Campaign Creations? I heard Staredit network was made prior to CC, but I am not sure which is older.

... But other than that, thank you.