Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Protoss Stalkers, Organic or Machine?

Default Protoss Stalkers, Organic or Machine?

Wasn't sure where to put this, but my question is, are stalkers a machine like that of the Dragoon or is this a living creature.

Default Re: Protoss Stalkers, Organic or Machine?

They are metal vehicles imbued with a Dark Templar's essences, so they are mechanical in lore. Under game mechanics, IIRC, they are mechanical as whell.

Well, the Dragoon was mechanical and biological. You could Lockdown and Broodling them.

The Stalker is supposed to be "a machine controlled by the shadow-essence of a Dark Templar warrior fused into a metal body", and it has that stupid head sticking out from the front, so it's probably Mech+Bio again, and so is the Immortal.

Yeah, it was the head protruding from the front of it that had me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    Well, the Dragoon was mechanical and biological. You could Lockdown and Broodling them.

The Stalker is supposed to be "a machine controlled by the shadow-essence of a Dark Templar warrior fused into a metal body", and it has that stupid head sticking out from the front, so it's probably Mech+Bio again, and so is the Immortal.
    I actually like the head design.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    I actually like the head design.
    As do I. It adds personality to the unit. Personally, I really don't get why people are raising such a ruckus over the Stalker head issue. I mean, I don't see anyone complain that the Colossus and Reaver having heads and they're both 100% machines with zero individuality!

It's not the existence of a head in general. It's the existence of a Protoss head.

But It isn't even their real head. It's just something the use to relate with others.
    Decepticons, transform and rise up!

Quote Originally Posted by flabortast View Post
    But It isn't even their real head. It's just something the use to relate with others.
    The Dragoons manage fine without a head...how about we attach a talking head to a siege tank so it can relate to the marines better?
    Last edited by screw_ball69; 10-20-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bonicPlague View Post
    It's not the existence of a head in general. It's the existence of a Protoss head.
    So, your argument switches from it being silly that a head be there to it being silly because of the shape of the head? What's so wrong about having a Protoss-shaped head on a Protoss?

Quote Originally Posted by screw_ball69 View Post
    The Dragoons manage fine without a head...how about we attach a talking head to a siege tank so it can relate to the marines better?
    Siege Tank drivers are able to step out of their vehicle to interact with the Marines. Stalkers, on the other hand, can't (as far as we know).