Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft: Evolution

Default Re: StarCraft: Evolution

I know you're not, I was trying to sound histrionic like the cool kids do

No, the new books do not state Protoss can't move things with their minds. SC:E does say protoss and terran telekinetics work differently, but does not specify how.

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    Obviously the protoss have telekinesis alrarak gives examples of things in his first apraricion cutscene

, the psychic difference must be of a more subtle nature, and his interest of more scientific than practical

- - - Updated - - -

pretty cool
    Figured that, shows that the Nerazim didn't consider the Tal'darim faction as part of them. After all, Vorazun DID say this specifically in LotV that while the Tal'darim share their blood, they're not like the Daelaam at all, and this may never change.

Quote Originally Posted by TcheQuevara View Post
    I know you're not, I was trying to sound histrionic like the cool kids do

No, the new books do not state Protoss can't move things with their minds. SC:E does say protoss and terran telekinetics work differently, but does not specify how.
    That merely means it's just another vague thing that Blizzard will abuse in the future.

while the Tal'darim share their blood, they're not like the Daelaam at all, and this may never change.
    Well, some of the Tal'darim defected to the Daelaam after the End War, so this isn't entirely true.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Well, some of the Tal'darim defected to the Daelaam after the End War, so this isn't entirely true.
    Yes, but when Vorazun said that they were still at Slayn, so at that moment it wasn't the case.

I'm still curious for your part just how much is true or not. If nothing else, the vast majority would have still gone with Alarak after Amon's defeat in LotV

Alarak was using void energy there. Like those damn crystals that pushes units away. Maybe Tal'darim are able to use their psychic abilities to create forcefields that blasts objects away when released.

From that video, it doesn't seem Alarak was gripping anyone like Kerrigan does, he creates a ball of energy and unleashes it instead to push the Zealot and Vorazun away.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Alarak was using void energy there. Like those damn crystals that pushes units away. Maybe Tal'darim are able to use their psychic abilities to create forcefields that blasts objects away when released.

From that video, it doesn't seem Alarak was gripping anyone like Kerrigan does, he creates a ball of energy and unleashes it instead to push the Zealot and Vorazun away.
    Possibly, or if we were to try to use Blizzard's explanation, they'd probably say the Tal'darim found a way to replicate the black hole mothership ability, though on a much smaller scale (hence the sucking you towards it and repelling you back out)

Warp blades used to suck matter into its field, cutting things by consuming rather than splitting objects.

I think..

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Maphaps that concept was destroyed in the Great Retcon of 2010.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I'm also a little surprised everyone's glossing over the fact that the Zerg are baking things now. Can you imagine Abathur slaving over a hot oven all day? When did they assimilate Martha Stewart?
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Warp blades used to suck matter into its field, cutting things by consuming rather than splitting objects.

I think..
    Interesting, didn't know that. I'll look into it.