Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: SC3 Plot Ideas

vIsitor's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: SC3 Plot Ideas

I think the Kel-Morian Combine and Umojan Protectorate need to have a larger role. Their existence was established right at the beginning in the SC1 manual as the two other major Terran powers in the sector other alongside the Confederacy, but aside from the occasional cameo for the most part they're just sorta there.

You could have an entire campaign where the KMC and Umoja are fighting over something while everyone else sits on the sidelines for a change.

I always imagined that the Umojans and the KMC are too smart for that. They just let the Dominion and UED duke it out, and then eyeroll as all Mengsk's activities inevitably fall through.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

vIsitor's Avatar Junior Member

I'd say that the KMC is plenty greedy enough to do something stupid; it's just that they're held down by authorial fiat.

Consider: the Dominion was built from the ashes of the Confederacy, conquered by the UED, it's rag-tag remnants smashed at the Omega platform, smashed again in HotS, and smashed again in LotV. Somehow, they're still top dog, while the KMC apparently hasn't recovered from the Guild Wars (!) despite sitting on the single richest resource node in the sector.

Large portions of the KMC were annexed by the Confederacy after the end of the Guild Wars. There were probably political and corporate negotiations that essentially castrated the KMC's ability to make war. Of course, the high number of pirates in their space probably means that either the KMC is still reeling from those political agreements, or they're paying pirates as corsairs, raiding Confederate and Dominion vessels on contract.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    I always imagined that the Umojans and the KMC are too smart for that. They just let the Dominion and UED duke it out, and then eyeroll as all Mengsk's activities inevitably fall through.
    For the Umojans yes, the KMC it's a bit harder since they've barely gotten any mention for a VERY long time, we don't really know what's going on with their side right now.

It is possible that the KMC becomes a kind of shadow government, controlling things behind the veil of chaos. Like a rich country mingling with others, funding things here and there.

The Dominion would be the US, and KMC the Saudi.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    It is possible that the KMC becomes a kind of shadow government, controlling things behind the veil of chaos. Like a rich country mingling with others, funding things here and there.

The Dominion would be the US, and KMC the Saudi.
    It's still possible given the lack of lore we have for the KMC, Blizzard just doesn't like to comment on them.

Except unlike the US the ominon should have no power, basically like a third word hell hole.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserStratosTygo View Post
    Except unlike the US the ominon should have no power, basically like a third word hell hole.
    Maybe for a while, but eventually you'd want things to change after enough time, don't keep it indefinite