Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why did [spoiler] bother pretending to be [spoiler] in the first place?

Default Re: Why did [spoiler] bother pretending to be [spoiler] in the first place?

*is so confused*

This is exactly why I couldn't make it all the way through LotV. This nonsense. Though I admit that the whole "Xel'Naga were a race of cthulhu all along" is the most hilarious thing ever.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Default Re: Why did [spoiler] bother pretending to be [spoiler] in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    *is so confused*

This is exactly why I couldn't make it all the way through LotV. This nonsense. Though I admit that the whole "Xel'Naga were a race of cthulhu all along" is the most hilarious thing ever.
    Actually Nissa, for this part I think we still have more to explore. I still want to see the Xel'Naga story continue beyond LotV, hence I'm hoping for more DLCs or something to explain it all

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    I'm just trying to make it work given what we have.
    So am I, but any explanation I can conceive of is easily countered and ultimately unsatisfactory. It's annoying when the real answer that they just made it up on the spot and wrote it poorly is so obviously bare-faced and undisguised.

There are so many similarities between Amon and The Voice that there has to be a connection. The act of possession is identical: black eyes, flowing dark "gas" and crackling energy. They both see themselves as gods. Same Void Tendrils. Cthulhu meets StarCraft. I wouldn't be surprised if they later decided to connect Amon and The Voice.
    Another evil Xel'Naga. Guess that figures since if there's one, there's always potentially more. Wait, what's that sound? Oh, it's just the sound of no-one caring.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Actually Nissa, for this part I think we still have more to explore. I still want to see the Xel'Naga story continue beyond LotV, hence I'm hoping for more DLCs or something to explain it all
    BEGIN RANT - You've got to be kidding me. They shot what little wad they had of the Xel'Naga's "story" in LotV and it is arguably the least meaningful part of Sc2 since it covered nothing new about them (only about one of them - who was an aberration of their kind anyway) that we didn't already know, drew the least amount of audience sympathy and feel shoe-horned in. I'd go so far as saying the Xel'Naga represent perhaps the biggest symptom of the problems in Sc2. Nothing in Sc is truly dead and they have this habit of continually going backward to move forward making the universe more rarified and locked in rather than truly progressing. That and the over-reliance on plot twists (their constant retroactive continuity is but one aspect of this) makes nothing in Sc worth holding onto since it all of it's just "stuff" happening - RANT ENDED.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    BEGIN RANT - You've got to be kidding me. They shot what little wad they had of the Xel'Naga's "story" in LotV and it is arguably the least meaningful part of Sc2 since it covered nothing new about them (only about one of them - who was an aberration of their kind anyway) that we didn't already know, drew the least amount of audience sympathy and feel shoe-horned in. I'd go so far as saying the Xel'Naga represent perhaps the biggest symptom of the problems in Sc2. Nothing in Sc is truly dead and they have this habit of continually going backward to move forward making the universe more rarified and locked in rather than truly progressing. That and the over-reliance on plot twists (their constant retroactive continuity is but one aspect of this) makes nothing in Sc worth holding onto since it all of it's just "stuff" happening - RANT ENDED.
    The Xel'Naga retcon was a serious problem. Still, it was a shame they never talked about their origins in detail or anything. I had hoped to know more about how the very first Xel'Naga came to be and all that. That's another flaw for the epilogue in that Ouros spent WAY too little time on screen. I had hoped at times his power transfer to Kerrigan was only intended to be temporary so that he could eventually get it back to continue the cycle.

Yeah, I'd like to learn a little more about the 'Naga too, and the cosmological mythology. Are there multiple universes out there coexisting with Koprulu Prime, or is each universe part of a linear cycle? We have evidence for both scenarios. And are the Xel'Naga directly responsible for the creation of each universe, or solely responsible for the genesis of life in each?

Yeah, I'd like to learn a little more about the 'Naga too, and the cosmological mythology. Are there multiple universes out there coexisting with Koprulu Prime, or is each universe part of a linear cycle? We have evidence for both scenarios. And are the Xel'Naga directly responsible for the creation of each universe, or solely responsible for the genesis of life in each?
    I'm not sure if they're responsible for creating the universe itself. That might be something the Void does, like pieces of the void breaking off to form a universe and everything. Of course, that's only speculation

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

What is Koprulu Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    What is Koprulu Prime?
    Ahem, methinks Vok has partaken of the Terrazine again....
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Haha. In cases of parallel universes, it's fandom convention to refer to the primary or "classic" person, place or thing as "___ Prime". For example, Leonard Nimoy's Spock is "Spock Prime", where as Zachary Quinto's is just "Spock".
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 03-15-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Ahem, methinks Vok has partaken of the Terrazine again....
    If I partake of Terrazine, will SC2 go away?

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.