Thread: Xcom 2

Default Xcom 2

I'm pretty excited for this game. And the modding potential they seem to be hinting at.

Do you guys play XCOM? Not the old one, but the FIRAXIS remake.

Default Re: Xcom 2

Oh yeah. I'm probably one of the few who've played the classic ones and still likes the remake.

Ah, there's nothing quite like the feeling (rage) of having two soldiers each miss a 95% chance shot at an approaching alien and then being murdered by said alien in the next turn.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I play the remake from time to time. Awesome game. Unfortunately, it requires all of the brain cells I'm using for other things to actually play. If this were years ago, it'd a staple for me.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    I play the remake from time to time. Awesome game. Unfortunately, it requires all of the brain cells I'm using for other things to actually play. If this were years ago, it'd a staple for me.
    Man, you must have a busy schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Oh yeah. I'm probably one of the few who've played the classic ones and still likes the remake.

Ah, there's nothing quite like the feeling (rage) of having two soldiers each miss a 95% chance shot at an approaching alien and then being murdered by said alien in the next turn.
    An old friend once spent hours and hours inside his man-cave playing the original xcom. I think it came before or alongside Wacraft I? It was too complicated for me at that time. But the remake made it quite accessible and streamlined.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    An old friend once spent hours and hours inside his man-cave playing the original xcom. I think it came before or alongside Wacraft I? It was too complicated for me at that time. But the remake made it quite accessible and streamlined.
    Yep. Both came out in '94. The original was a bit too overwhelming for me at the time to play solo but I used to watch my older brother play it and I'd give him advice all the while.

I love the remake largely because it preserves the stark/grim atmosphere even with all the ease-of-use design changes (which I don't mind).
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Man, you must have a busy schedule.
    Far too many things cut into my gaming time these days. It's a tragedy.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    I'm pretty excited for this game. And the modding potential they seem to be hinting at.

Do you guys play XCOM? Not the old one, but the FIRAXIS remake.
    Hell yeah.

I started with Enemy unknown/ Enemy within (never got to play the 90's ones) picked it up after TotalBiscuit reviewed the game. It's hard as hell. which is part of the fun, finally beat it last year on Classic like a scrub.

never got to play the PC version so I never got to enjoy the long war mod, so I'm definitely looking forward to Xcom 2 and the ideas taken from Long War (as well as actual mods for it)

Going to build my classic team again only to watch them die one by one in the "let's miss 90% chances multiple times" combat especially when fighting Chrysalids on a terror mission.

I loved Xcom 1 but for several reasons I still havn't got round to playing Xcom 2 yet But what I like in Xcom 2 the most is atmosphere.. One of the main reasons is that I wondered if Firaxis were going to bring out version that includes all the DLC packs or even a new advanced version. I have a playstation network subscription card like Playstation store guthaben 50 kaufen on which I use to play sort of games like Xcom series and fallout.