Thread: Blizzard is Selling Co-op Commanders!

Default Blizzard is Selling Co-op Commanders!

It appears as if Blizzard was originally planning on selling Karax.

There is a feat of strength given to anyone who has the current version of StarCraft called, "Phase-Smith Commander" which reads, "Purchase the Phase-Smith Karax Co-op Commander." It rewards a portrait of Karax. This portrait is nearly identical to the portrait you receive for completing all the Commander Karax achievements (the background is slightly different).

At some point Blizzard decided to release him for free, re-purposing the feat of strength achievement portrait to be his master phase-smith achievement portrait; but they forgot to remove the feat of strength and it's reward.

Did Blizzard decide that all co-op commanders should be free? Or are they planning on charging for future commanders? Only time will tell.

Last edited by TheProgramer; 12-15-2015 at 03:40 PM.
    We can't stop them from comming, but by God we can make them limp home!

Default Re: Blizzard is Selling Co-op Commanders!

Just found out that all my detective work is not so impressive. They already announced that further co-op commanders will be sold. SOURCE
    We can't stop them from comming, but by God we can make them limp home!

I just checked out some Karax gameplay. They replaced the clunky, cut-and-paste placeholder dialogue for the co-op missions with actual lines by different characters tailored to what's going on. Nice!

Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Karax is a bi polar pick for co-op, he is an excellent choice for train robbery and xel naga temple; all the defense structure tech makes him the best defender...period (even better than swann.) His spear of adun powers is incredible; while your ally attacks you just point click your superpowers and wreck havoc as support, but he has a glaring weakness.

The one downside is he really isnt able to muster an offensive force, even if you get a good economy going, the 50% cost increase is excessively prohibitive on getting max upgrades and # of troops for your army; i can only conclude ur just supposed to support your ally with handfuls of sentrys and maybe 1/2 colossi while you spend most of your time shooting targets with your spear of adun weapons.

I was thinking similar. That video I linked, I noticed a distinct lack of anti-air early on. Against all immediate common sense based on his overall style, I'd say getting a stargate before getting a robo facility is probably a good call in most cases just for mirages.

no....just use spear of adun's photon attack. you can dish it out like candy.

My liberality with the Spear of Adun would bite me in the ass, I assure you. My brother still needs to finish the campaign so we can co-op...

That said, I just meant have a stargate up as soon as possible, at least as soon as the first robo facility goes up. Patrolling phoenix and sentinels in a less intense spot, microing with the SoA in more pressing spots, get a proper support force up in the meanwhile.