Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what IS Solarite?

Default So what IS Solarite?

Any ideas or speculation?
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Default Re: So what IS Solarite?

Sooo that Slayn Elemental (seriously?!) was pooping out Zero Point Energy?
    Aaand sold.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

I have no idea. I thought Khaydarin crystals were already good enough for StarCraft. Even the Overmind said that within them "lies power undreamed of by the protoss."

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Sooo that Slayn Elemental (seriously?!) was pooping out Zero Point Energy?
    That seems a bit BS even for Blizzard standards today

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I have no idea. I thought Khaydarin crystals were already good enough for StarCraft. Even the Overmind said that within them "lies power undreamed of by the protoss."
    Well, this might just imply for once, the Protoss actually tried to look outside of the box instead of using the crystals all the time as energizer batteries.

Even the Overmind said that within them "lies power undreamed of by the protoss."
    This might connect to Stettman's comment that Khaydarin harbors energies that would allow the Protoss to rule the galaxy. I wonder if the Protoss are truly ignorant of this supposed energy, or are simply reluctant to use Khaydarin in fear of the destructive potential it could unleash. I favor the latter option; the Khalai have a history of limiting themselves in warfare.

I think Solarite has some connection to the energies of the Khala and psionic matrix, as opposed to Void energies. Its instability and use in generating a goddamned star implies a fusion component.
    Aaand sold.

Xel'naga droppings

Solarite is the Protoss word for "Unobtainium."

for me the solarite is only a catalyst (in this case to reactivate all the power, the star that feeds the spear of Adun) In the first cutscene was clear from the beginning it is said that the solarite has not been used in times modern (and possibly its energy needs are supplied by the psionic matrix: Khaydarin crystal), so it was an outdated / archaic technology. only employment in the campaign because the spear of Adun is an old ship that was designed to activate the sun solarite a presently unused, so they dig up all that solarite of, ancient constructions ann old tecnology .

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    This might connect to Stettman's comment that Khaydarin harbors energies that would allow the Protoss to rule the galaxy. I wonder if the Protoss are truly ignorant of this supposed energy, or are simply reluctant to use Khaydarin in fear of the destructive potential it could unleash. I favor the latter option; the Khalai have a history of limiting themselves in warfare.

I think Solarite has some connection to the energies of the Khala and psionic matrix, as opposed to Void energies. Its instability and use in generating a goddamned star implies a fusion component.
    That's hard to say if it's the former or latter. How much experimentation did the Protoss do for the Khaydarin crystals, other than just as a power battery? Because I don't recall the SC1 lore ever explaining that