Thread: Dark Archon AWESOME Quotes

Default Dark Archon AWESOME Quotes

Previously my favorite unit quote was from the Changeling (Zealot) - "I'm looking for a cat, means the world to me."

But with LotV I think the Dark Archon's quotes beat it out - "Aldaris the betrayer - betrayed." and "Ulrezaj lives on, we feel his rage."

While not funny like the changeling's, these two great lines reference interesting parts of the lore. It's cool how the level where you get the Dark Archon in BroodWar was the one where you fight against Aldaris.
    I think it's also worth noting that a million times in the campaign Amon's rage and anger is referred to. What does the Archon talk about regarding Ulrezaj? His rage.

Btw, was anyone else put off by how slow the Dark Archon spoke in LotV?
    We can't stop them from comming, but by God we can make them limp home!

Default Re: Dark Archon AWESOME Quotes

....? Why is Aldaris a betrayer?

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    ....? Why is Aldaris a betrayer?
    He split the race during a desperate time, taking with him all of the Templar. Kerrigan killed him before he could tell them he knew she controlled Razagal, so maybe many of the Nerazim haven't connected that that was the reason he split them off, and still consider him a betrayer for doing that.
    We can't stop them from comming, but by God we can make them limp home!

Quote Originally Posted by TheProgramer View Post
    He split the race during a desperate time, taking with him all of the Templar. Kerrigan killed him before he could tell them he knew she controlled Razagal, so maybe many of the Nerazim haven't connected that that was the reason he split them off, and still consider him a betrayer for doing that.
    It's still a bit of a silly explanation. Aldaris was reacting to Raszagal's mental state in a way intended to preserve his followers and/or stem the damage Kerrigan had possibly done. While his reaction wasn't particularly rational, it wasn't betrayal, as Rasz had broken trust first -- and even then "betrayal" isn't the clearest descriptor.

I dunno, once the whole thing with Zer killing Rasz went down, I'd expect most reasonable 'Toss to feel a mixture of pity and frustration towards Aldaris, given that he was sort of right. That, and I don't imagine a dead Judicator would have much affect in LotV times, other than on his own followers.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    It's still a bit of a silly explanation. Aldaris was reacting to Raszagal's mental state in a way intended to preserve his followers and/or stem the damage Kerrigan had possibly done. While his reaction wasn't particularly rational, it wasn't betrayal, as Rasz had broken trust first -- and even then "betrayal" isn't the clearest descriptor.

I dunno, once the whole thing with Zer killing Rasz went down, I'd expect most reasonable 'Toss to feel a mixture of pity and frustration towards Aldaris, given that he was sort of right. That, and I don't imagine a dead Judicator would have much affect in LotV times, other than on his own followers.
    I don't think Zeratul ever explained what happened on Char. In Legacy of the Void, Vorazun accuses him of being her mother's murderer, which while accurate, doesn't sound like she's aware of what exactly transpired.
    Zeratul: I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...
    Aldaris: Did not! That doesn't even make sense!
    Zeratul: Shut up, I totally did!

Those references to Ald and Ul were really neat imo.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.