Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

^---Awesome. Artanis is a champ.

The piece of cloth or whatever disintegrating in Raynor's hand when he said "A lot more dead boys out there. Warriors." reminded me of Zeratul fading into dust. Kind of a nice symmetry there.

Quote Originally Posted by NikoMyCousin View Post
    I thought Patrick Seitz did a nice job with Artanis and contrary to the other characters who had their actors/actresses voices recasted, he did the original character some justice.
    Which reminds me, I could not get into Talandar at all. I mean, I think New Zeratul sounds hilariously like a WarCraft III Tauren Chieftain, but I could still make the shift to this being Zeratul. But I wasn't able to connect Talandar to Fenix at all, in any way.
    Zeratul: I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...
    Aldaris: Did not! That doesn't even make sense!
    Zeratul: Shut up, I totally did!

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticTemplar View Post
    Which reminds me, I could not get into Talandar at all. I mean, I think New Zeratul sounds hilariously like a WarCraft III Tauren Chieftain, but I could still make the shift to this being Zeratul. But I wasn't able to connect Talandar to Fenix at all, in any way.
    Nor I. I didn't think Talandar was bad as a character. He just didn't remind me of Fenix at all. I would have been fine if they had just had a different random Protoss hero. I did enjoy deploying him to the battlefield and enjoyed his lines.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by RODTHEGOD View Post
    Nor I. I didn't think Talandar was bad as a character. He just didn't remind me of Fenix at all. I would have been fine if they had just had a different random Protoss hero. I did enjoy deploying him to the battlefield and enjoyed his lines.
    I got an Optimus Prime vibe from him instead. It was fun rescuing the other autobots at Cybertron, I mean Cybros.

I thought the voice was pretty close. A bit off, but it should be, because it's a robot copying Fenix's voice so it shouldn't be exact, and it has a divert reverb effect for it too.

More importantly however, I think they got the personality right. I hear Talandar talk and can easily imagine Fenix saying his lines.

Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 11-23-2015 at 10:11 PM.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

More importantly however, I think they got the personality right. I hear Talandar talk and can easily imagine Fenix saying his lines.
    Aiur has fallen? We'll just build a bigger and better one on top of it! Yup, pure Fenix, and it gave me a huge nerd grin.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Of all things to hide as a Stop Poking Me quote... they do explain why the Tal'darim in WoL are against you collecting the artifacts.

Alarak name drops Nyon, the Tal'darim Executor. Apparently he was sent to harvest terrazine and got carried away, and went insane.

Well, at least there's an official explanation. And they properly name the guy too.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Didn't connect with anything for me. It's not like it's clearly wrong, either. I can't figure out exactly why I can't get this guy at all.

The fact that there's apparently someone who wrote a series of fictional adventure novels (or whatever form of media they're using) based on Fenix was amusing though.
    Zeratul: I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...
    Aldaris: Did not! That doesn't even make sense!
    Zeratul: Shut up, I totally did!

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Aiur has fallen? We'll just build a bigger and better one on top of it! Yup, pure Fenix, and it gave me a huge nerd grin.
    Ah, if only Fenix knew it's not that simple.

Alarak name drops Nyon, the Tal'darim Executor.
    Where is this?

The fact that there's apparently someone who wrote a series of fictional adventure novels (or whatever form of media they're using) based on Fenix was amusing though.
    And did you notice they were all based on movies like Predator, and Saving Private Ryan? :P
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.