Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    The Taldarim sigil is a broken infinity symbol, symbolizing the end to the Xel'Naga cycles.
    I think it's links in a chain, with an arrow going upwards, symbolising the Chain of Ascension.
    Zeratul: I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...
    Aldaris: Did not! That doesn't even make sense!
    Zeratul: Shut up, I totally did!

Que no los dos?
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

We need a commander in Co-op that specializes in Vikings, Hellions, Siege Tanks, and their special ability is to call down the Terratron to fight.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    The Taldarim sigil is a broken infinity symbol, symbolizing the end to the Xel'Naga cycles.
    Are you sure they even know about the Xel'Naga cycle details?

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Was anyone else bugged by the recycled assets? The artifact containment on Korhal is the same from WoL, the solarite caches on Shakuras are the same as the archives from In Utter Darkness, etc.
    I'm actually bothered by some of the new assets/retextures. Hybrid Dominators are now green, which would be fine if Blizzard went back into HoTS and updated it. Tal'Darim are now red and have their own models. Which would be fine if Blizz went back into WoL and updated them.

EDIT: And update Selendis!
    Last edited by Gradius; 11-23-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Well, actually, it makes sense the Tal'darim look different in each game.

The Tal'darim in WoL are a separate branch from the Amon-worshippers: they worship the Xel'naga as a whole instead of just Amon, are led by an Executor instead of a Highlord, and are obviously enemies of Raynor and guard the artifacts contrary to Narud's plans. I'd wager lore-wise they split off from the normal Protoss after they fled to Shakuras, since they hate the Dark Templar and are led by an Executor.

The HotS Tal'darim are probably part of the main Slayn-crown, but the LotV campaign explains the Tal'darim pirate protoss designs and make them using different materials. The HotS Tal'darim have access to the Xel'naga temple and may have been there for some time, so their units look more inspired by Xel'naga designs (glowing green and black/grey). Then we get to LotV with the Tal'darim operating out of their homeworld, and they all look consistent.

The Hybrid though, agreed.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Related to the above, I wonder how much cohesive WoL and HotS would be with characters from later installments appearing. Alarak as a Tal'Darim warrior, Zagara and Naktul as other zerg opponents.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

I thought Patrick Seitz did a nice job with Artanis and contrary to the other characters who had their actors/actresses voices recasted, he did the original character some justice.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

The Brothers in Arms mission is a reverse of All-In and Salvation. The hybrids/bad-guys are guarding the artifact and we're supposed to destroy them before they finish their task.

Though why they left it there if they had it in there possession instead of just leaving was a dumb move. They could have won the war right there.

Quote Originally Posted by NikoMyCousin View Post
    I thought Patrick Seitz did a nice job with Artanis and contrary to the other characters who had their actors/actresses voices recasted, he did the original character some justice.
    It was decent but could have been way better. I would have appreciated it if they had the effects from SC1 too. There were fan voices that were way closer to SC1 Artanis, which is one of the coolest voices I've ever heard. It's deep and powerful yet youthful at the same time.

You know, I had this realization, and so Photoshopped my Random Thought:

Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.