Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

I'm going through the Wings of Liberty compaign. First complete play through since Legacy of the Void release. I'm nostalgic enough that I'm starting to almost catch a feels when playing it. Am I going insane?

I'm also doing a concurrent first-time play through of StarCraft Remastered, so maybe I'm conflating the two emotions.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheliek View Post
    It's just tedious in large doses. I've been making a point to work on the mod itself for a few hours, then stop and work on lore or sketch out map designs so I don't get burnt out.
    Interesting. I recall Stratos once said he had similar problems with the editor, yet others seem to be able to work with it just fine....

It's not that it's hard, it's that it's not fun.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheliek View Post
    It's not that it's hard, it's that it's not fun.
    Wouldn't be the first time I've heard that

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Interesting. I recall Stratos once said he had similar problems with the editor, yet others seem to be able to work with it just fine....
    My problem is that its a pile of dogshit that likes to crash, even if I create a totally new mod from scratch.

I can't get into remastered. Raynor looks so...ugh. I mean, the original art gives Raynor a bean-shaped head, but this new one...guh. Why they didn't go with the same art but more pixels is beyond me.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserStratosTygo View Post
    My problem is that its a pile of dogshit that likes to crash, even if I create a totally new mod from scratch.
    How often has this happened to you already?

Does anyone have a copy of all the mission loading splash screens from Remastered (preferably without text)?
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Sure. Enumerate is nice and would be nice to have.

Now what?
    Could you post in my dedicated thread, please? I don't want to get into another pointless argument over the nature of the determinant yet again. If you don't want to do that, why not? How it is it that you can constantly reignite the same arguments about canon but not put the same energy into imagining enumerate?

Yes, as sandwich puts, I really do believe that (in the most reductive terms) "the manual is the bible, enumerate is the new testament, and Metzen is the devil." My own amendments to enumerate probably qualify as the quran or something. I don't see how that is more hostile than the constant criticism of SC2. At least I recognize that enumerate has its own flaws (and I would honestly enjoy seeing someone contest me on that).

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

I don’t think you’re being hostile, just kinda annoying. Hopefully I’m not being hostile either.

The reason nobody cares about Enumerate is that it’s produced a sum total zero actual stories that I know of, and nothing is stopping custom campaign creators from changing literally anything they don’t like about it which sort of makes it pretty much the opposite of a bible.

Look at it from the perspective of a campaign creator or fanfic writer. Everyone knows canon. Nobody knows Enumerate and almost none are even going to want to read it. So why base your fanon off of more fanon instead of actual canon?

Like what are we supposed to do with it? Is the creator even going to edit his battle.net post to change parts we don’t like? It is what it is. If you want to make a manual-centric story with SC1 retconned out, just go ahead and do it... You don’t need some giant external document. It’s superfluous...

But hey I actually made two campaigns so what do I know?
    Last edited by Gradius; 06-06-2018 at 12:13 PM.