Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

I felt relief when I saw Zeratul die. Why? Because at least he got a decent cut scene to send him off. I'm still sore from the bungling of Deckard Cain's death. You think Zeratul's death was meaningless? In Diablo III ... *shudders*

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by KaiseStratosTygo View Post
    "Thanks to the Overmind's vision, I can confirm that he has borne witness the entropy of an entire reality."

XD
    Actually I'm pretty sure that part is retconned now. :P

Quote Originally Posted by KaiseStratosTygo View Post
    "Thanks to the Overmind's vision, I can confirm that he has borne witness the entropy of an entire reality."

XD
    Yes but that was rendered irrelevant in SC2 anyway

5. Why does there have to be a nebula or whatever in the background of every space picture/scene. Can't there just be the basic black sky with white dots?

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticTemplar View Post
    Thanks to the Overmind's vision, I can confirm that he has borne witness the entropy of an entire reality.
    Serves you right for making fun of his speech in Sc1. The guy was speaking truth all along!

Makes sense I suppose. I'd rather have him say "I've borne witness to the entropy of entire realities" rather than the possible translation of that being "I've seen multiple futures that will not come to pass".

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticTemplar View Post
    I can't think of anything else.
    Don't forget that he was much better finding prophecies in Sc2 than in Sc1 when he wasn't doing that at all!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    I felt relief when I saw Zeratul die. Why? Because at least he got a decent cut scene to send him off.
    Yep, he died whilst giving someone an important haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    I'm still sore from the bungling of Deckard Cain's death. You think Zeratul's death was meaningless? In Diablo III ... *shudders*
    No! This vision! I cannot bear it! Stop!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by RODTHEGOD View Post
    5. Why does there have to be a nebula or whatever in the background of every space picture/scene. Can't there just be the basic black sky with white dots?
    That was just for the sake to shove the idea down your throat of the universe in danger. It was a pitiful way for Blizzard to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Makes sense I suppose. I'd rather have him say "I've borne witness to the entropy of entire realities" rather than the possible translation of that being "I've seen multiple futures that will not come to pass".
    Trouble is, "entropy" is the decline of everything. The second law of thermodynamics states that everything is in a state of decay. So, technically speaking, we've all seen entropy of at least one reality.

Two, if you count Starcraft.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    Trouble is, "entropy" is the decline of everything.
    Yeah, I know, but Z is talking about the entropy/deterioration to nothing of something in particular (in this case, it's "entire realities"). That the future vision is an actual reality (on the grounds that it would happen if Kerrigan died) and that it is averted fulfills the criteria of Z having witnessed the entropy/decline of an entire reality (in this case being the future vision deteriorating into nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    So, technically speaking, we've all seen entropy of at least one reality.
    Depends on what you define as an "entire reality". Z never really makes it clear the first time.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    That was just for the sake to shove the idea down your throat of the universe in danger. It was a pitiful way for Blizzard to do it
    1. Looks cool and is visually stimulating?
    2. Lazy writing?

Definitely two. Definitely. I love how you completely lack any sense of humour and capability to relate to other people, but also lack the ability to come to logical conclusions about simple things. You're like if all the good qualities of Spock were excised, as were McCoy's, and then those two lobotomized versions of the characters were spliced together into some bizarre Spock-McCoy hybrid.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Yeah, I know, but Z is talking about the entropy/deterioration to nothing of something in particular (in this case, it's "entire realities"). That the future vision is an actual reality (on the grounds that it would happen if Kerrigan died) and that it is averted fulfills the criteria of Z having witnessed the entropy/decline of an entire reality (in this case being the future vision deteriorating into nothing).

Depends on what you define as an "entire reality". Z never really makes it clear the first time.
    Dude, it was a joke.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.