Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RODTHEGOD View Post
    4. Did anyone else not really care when zeratul died? He was cool in starcraft 1 but in starcraft 2 he... wasn't.
    Me.

I didn't really feel anything, if this were SC1/BW Zeratul I would've been sad.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

4. Did anyone else not really care when zeratul died? He was cool in starcraft 1 but in starcraft 2 he... wasn't.
    It was an ignominious death. No more opportunity to fix his character from a writing standpoint is what saddened me the most the though.

Its like "fuck, this is it. This is how one of my favorite characters from my childhood gets his sendoff".
    Last edited by Gradius; 11-19-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Zeratul has been the harbinger of the worst shit. I was surprised, but I couldn't even feel sorrow for him after he brought me Prophecy, Zerus, the Prologue, and interrupted the reclamation of Aiur to remind me of Amon.
    Zeratul: I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...
    Aldaris: Did not! That doesn't even make sense!
    Zeratul: Shut up, I totally did!

I cheered when I saw that cutscene. Fake Zeratul is dead, and I approve.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    It was an ignominious death. No more opportunity to fix his character from a writing standpoint is what saddened me the most the though.

Its like "fuck, this is it. This is how one of my favorite characters from my childhood gets his sendoff".
    It was fine for him to die off like that. Otherwise, if he lived and knew how exactly to stop Amon and everything, it'd hardly be a challenge.

Zeratul "died" the moment he appeared and spoke in WoL. I didn't care for it then either.

He'll probably be resurrected as a Void ghost or through some other future retcon, so I'm not worried.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Zeratul "died" the moment he appeared and spoke in WoL. I didn't care for it then either.

He'll probably be resurrected as a Void ghost or through some other future retcon, so I'm not worried.
    Then start hoping to see him again in SC3.

You know, in the interest of respect for the dead, I'll give praise to StarCraft II Zeratul for the things he did better than StarCraft I Zeratul.

1- I like his ride.
    2- When he allows Kerrigan to walk away unmurdered, he actually has a plan instead of just being an idiot.
    3- Thanks to the Overmind's vision, I can confirm that he has borne witness the entropy of an entire reality.
    4- He cut off a Hydralisk's limb and used it to nail the Hydralisk to the ground through his skull. And that buys you a lot of good will from me.

I can't think of anything else.
    Zeratul: I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...
    Aldaris: Did not! That doesn't even make sense!
    Zeratul: Shut up, I totally did!

Lol. Zer prolly would have done #3 sooner if SC1 had the tech.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

"Thanks to the Overmind's vision, I can confirm that he has borne witness the entropy of an entire reality."

XD