Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

1. I'm not doing Legacy of the Void Abridged. I can't help it, there was a lot of awesomeness throughout the campaign and I don't wanna make fun of it.

2. You realize LotV actually had very few "new" units for the Protoss and just gave us the base units with abilities? The Adept seems so out of place.

3. Looking at the data for Stukov in Co-op, he seems very odd and very fun. His SCVs build "infested" structures that produce infested units, but only marines, siege tanks, and banshees. Meanwhile his infested command centers produce larva that mutate into zerg units, including, wait for it... Defilers!
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 11-21-2015 at 10:16 AM.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    Dude, it was a joke.
    Couldn't tell at first, your punch-line came too late.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Random thought: Ouros' name is short for Ouroboros. He is literally the beginning and the end, alpha and omega.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

^---nice catch

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Random thought: Ouros' name is short for Ouroboros. He is literally the beginning and the end, alpha and omega.
    And therefore would make sense for the cycle to end there. Of course, it's only a shame it wasn't revealed he was also the BEGINNING of the cycle.

I also wpuldn't be surprised if they released a story pack centering on Amon's origins. Amun was a self-made god who "terraformed"/created the world around him, and stood for the weak and downtrodden. It is clear Amon was "tricked" into becoming Xelnaga and sees himself and the new universe as victims.

I also wpuldn't be surprised if they released a story pack centering on Amon's origins. Amun was a self-made god who "terraformed"/created the world around him, and stood for the weak and downtrodden. It is clear Amon was "tricked" into becoming Xelnaga and sees himself and the new universe as victims.
    The weak and downtrodden? I don't see that at all.
    The idea that Amon was tricked into becoming a xel'naga is actually kind of interesting. That would actually explain why he wants to end the cycle. Unfortunately all blizzard was able to get across in the game was "I'm going to kill you all because your lives all suck"

Maybe not tricked, but more like he might have been content as the species he once was, but the Xel'Naga made him otherwise anyway against his will.

Ouros's full body reminds me of a neuron.

In the 2nd mission when the Void Seeker lies in ruin and the Stalker says "protect the dark prelate!" I believe that was supposed to be subtle foreshadowing of Zeratul's death.