Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Plausible. Interestingly, she doesn't mind read Mengsk either. Presumably, she put such blind trust in him that she would distort her reality to ignore or block whatever thoughts come out of Mengsk.
    psi screen?
    http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Psi-screen

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    I don't recall anywhere in the books (unless it's in a book I haven't read like I, Mengsk) where Mengsk had one of those.....

Actually, it's pretty simple.

Mengsk fooled Kerrigan because he had first fooled himself. That is, Kerrigan thought he was a great leader because that's how Mengsk saw himself. Because Mengsk never entertains the idea that's he's in the wrong, there's no chance anyone else picking up on it. He simply thinks too highly of himself. Mengsk is such a method actor that he forgot he was ever acting.

Or that's how I saw it, anyway.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    Actually, it's pretty simple.

Mengsk fooled Kerrigan because he had first fooled himself. That is, Kerrigan thought he was a great leader because that's how Mengsk saw himself. Because Mengsk never entertains the idea that's he's in the wrong, there's no chance anyone else picking up on it. He simply thinks too highly of himself. Mengsk is such a method actor that he forgot he was ever acting.

Or that's how I saw it, anyway.
    There's nothing wrong with that in his self-delusion. By SC2 it was still the same, the Flashpoint book showed that he deluded himself into thinking he could control the hybrids without any grounds for it

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

I figured out where Karax's beard came from. In the BW Fury of the Xel'Naga cinematic Artanis and Zeratul both have spikes coming out of their faces. Artanis has them as his eyebrows and kind of where the sideburns would be.

Why does episode 6's intro art in SC remastered have Artanis with Raynor & Kerrigan? It's Fenix that was there and doing the work.
    Last edited by Gradius; 12-30-2017 at 07:08 PM.

I figured out where Karax's beard came from. In the BW Fury of the Xel'Naga cinematic Artanis and Zeratul both have spikes coming out of their faces. Artanis has them as his eyebrows and kind of where the sideburns would be.
    Protoss acquire osteoderms and scutes across their face as they age, which is their equivalent of a beard. Hence the Egyptian-inspired chin caps.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Then why don't the other protoss have such spikes?

Maybe because they're younger/too close to the camera. For example, Aldaris' chin isn't in frame, so he could have a sweet beard. Or maybe his sweet goatee is such an effect.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

TBH I've always known since I was a kid that protoss had facial 'hair', I just didn't want to interrupt the banter and ruin the fun. I never noticed it on Artanis or Zeratul, but Aldaris had that goatee that we all talk about. As such, Karax's tree-bark neckbeard never struck me as odd.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    TBH I've always known since I was a kid that protoss had facial 'hair', I just didn't want to interrupt the banter and ruin the fun. I never noticed it on Artanis or Zeratul, but Aldaris had that goatee that we all talk about. As such, Karax's tree-bark neckbeard never struck me as odd.
    I never thought about that part regarding Aldaris....