Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Spoilers] Thoughts on Legacy of the Void

Default Re: [Spoilers] Thoughts on Legacy of the Void

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserStratosTygo View Post
    Oh I saw that vid long ago

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I just bet everything I have that Rag is still raggin', and I don't feel the slightest bit nervous about it.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Besides Stratos, I'm still making the tally count list

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

*Sandwitching Ragpost to confirm theory*

Back on topic, I'mt thinking of watching one of those let's play. It might be nice to absorb the story, cutscenes, etc without the distraction of Brutal difficulty.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 05-10-2017 at 06:13 AM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Jaybo focuses more on gameplay than lore, but I recommend his videos to everyone.
    When I talked to him on the LotV prologue, he told me after HotS the story went WAY downhill, and therefore didn't bother hoping LotV could do better

Well, Nissa, LotV:

1. Amon has taken control of the Khala, but it seems his control of it is limited on Aiur. Nobody notices it. Not even Zeratul. At least he never mentions it, even if it meant the death of the Khalai, in essence.

2. Oblivious to this reality, the Khalai finalizes their plans, launched the spear head assault force, creating a beach head on Aiur, and the entire Protoss armada begins their sweep. They take city after city, restored the conduits, and ultimately bring everyone on the surface of Aiur.

3. Amon mind controls the Khalai, one after another. Selendis falls victim, Artanis too. But Zeratul, even with his shadow strike ability, was unable to shadow strike the nerve cords of Artanis before he gets shanked. No development how he got to know, or realize that the Khala is compromised. He just appears to know.

4. Artanis is freed. And meets up with the rest who had their nerve cords cut. Escapes Aiur, with the spear of Adun.

I couldn't remember anything afterward. It seems my brain is trying to reject it like how the Preserver tried to reject Amon. Which was also under developed, and was not given any explanation at least as to why Amon cannot fully control her.

Is amon out of mana, or has he reached max supply cap?

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Well, Nissa, LotV:

1. Amon has taken control of the Khala, but it seems his control of it is limited on Aiur. Nobody notices it. Not even Zeratul. At least he never mentions it, even if it meant the death of the Khalai, in essence.
    Actually I find that stupid that it's limited to only Aiur. Surely he had to know not ALL of the Khalai would come for the retaking of their homeworld, however much they wanted it. Here I thought Amon was able to take control of it regardless of where any Khalai Protoss were. I'll go back and look again

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

The golden armada went all over the sector, so it's not really limited to Aiur.

That's the thing. It seems his mind control cast range is limited to aiur. But he can send his controlled units to the edge of the map.

Also, when the Artifact vacuumed Amon, at the ending, what was the point of cutting their nerve cords? If Artanis called in the artillery and zeroed before amon reached out again, what then?

Also, when the Artifact vacuumed Amon, at the ending, what was the point of cutting their nerve cords? If Artanis called in the artillery and zeroed before amon reached out again, what then?
    My best guess is that the Khala provided the one foothold in the material universe that Amon needed to stay anchored. When the Artifact imploded, there was no foothold left for Amon to cling on to, so he was expelled back to the Void.

Had the majority of the Protoss not severed themselves, Amon would have clung on to the Khala, escaping imprisonment to the Void. (I say "Majority" because I severely doubt every single Protoss severed their nerve cords at that moment; there had to be many still off Aiur at that time. But when the majority of the Aiur Protoss severed their cords, the Khala's "footprint" was reduced considerably, leaving nothing substantial for Amon to grasp.)
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.