Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Starcraft 2015

Default Re: RIP Starcraft 2015

Brood War is how I met my first girlfriend. Thank you, computer lab at recess.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    I thought the story was pretty good, a vast improvement over the first two games... up until the Epilogue. Then it nosedived back into crap. Still, for a finale, Epilogue aside, it was satisfying. Epicness was had, the potential to keep the story going is present, and Alarak is a bloodthirsty troll.
    I was not happy with the epilogue ending. Kerrigan's ascension I could tolerate. But I didn't understand why she had to do all the work to beat Amon. It was a spit in the face to the Protoss.

What SHOULD have happened was that Kerrigan's actions merely rendered Amon vulnerable for the Protoss to finish the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaiseStratosTygo View Post
    -The epilogue was absolute trash and that alone was worse than HotS
    Stratos, that's only because you hated their reunion. I didn't mind it, but I REALLY wished Kerrigan would have at least lost all her power. She resented having psionic powers in the first place, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I found it better than BW's ending, Stratos. You don't make a game only for the ending to be "it was all for nothing."
    964% disagree.

The epilogue was the worst video game ending I've seen (and I mean a AAA game, not some fan-game made in RPG maker or some shit)

I was not happy with the epilogue ending. Kerrigan's ascension I could tolerate. But I didn't understand why she had to do all the work to beat Amon. It was a spit in the face to the Protoss.

What SHOULD have happened was that Kerrigan's actions merely rendered Amon vulnerable for the Protoss to finish the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Stratos, that's only because you hated their reunion. I didn't mind it, but I REALLY wished Kerrigan would have at least lost all her power. She resented having psionic powers in the first place, after all.
    I hated it for a bunch of different reasons, Underserved, un-starcraft, not-protoss related, actually makes the protoss seem like a third wheel in their own campaign, stupid, predictable, etc.

964% disagree.

The epilogue was the worst video game ending I've seen (and I mean a AAA game, not some fan-game made in RPG maker or some shit)
    You can argue that all you want. I had wanted a reunion between them, if only Blizzard had said Kerrigan lost ALL her powers, thus ending the nightmare on her end for so long.

You can argue that all you want. .
    And I will.

And I will.
    Look Stratos, complaining the game was total BS is fine, but you can only do that for so long before people grow tired of it. Just remember, different people think differently. The battlenet forums clearly show there ARE those who approved of the reunion between them at the end. I doubt you can all classify them as "asylum inmates who deserved to be locked up for such a thing."

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Brood War is how I met my first girlfriend. Thank you, computer lab at recess.
    Quite possibly the nerdiest pair of sentences ever constructed. I can almost respect it.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Look Stratos, complaining the game was total BS is fine, but you can only do that for so long before people grow tired of it. Just remember, different people think differently. The battlenet forums clearly show there ARE those who approved of the reunion between them at the end. I doubt you can all classify them as "asylum inmates who deserved to be locked up for such a thing."
    Rag, friend, buddy. Allow the Tygo to complain....in another thread. I did say this was a positivity thread, after all, Tygo. In any case, negativity is fun. Dissecting a worthy target is a fun intellectual exercise, and it's what kept this forum going for a while now. It is just as easy to grow tired of positivity, too. Particularly undeserved positivity.

Hey Econ, how did you find Starcraft?

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

How come no one is talking about their times with the original starcraft? Isn't that the point of the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    Rag, friend, buddy. Allow the Tygo to complain....in another thread. I did say this was a positivity thread, after all, Tygo. In any case, negativity is fun. Dissecting a worthy target is a fun intellectual exercise, and it's what kept this forum going for a while now. It is just as easy to grow tired of positivity, too. Particularly undeserved positivity.
    All right. It's just that I've been speaking to the guy on the battlenet forums for almost 3 years now and have been hearing all this. I don't have anything against the guy, but still....