Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question About Nova

Default A Question About Nova

I don't see people talk about her much, so I just wanna ask the community...

Does anyone really like her? Or care for her at all? Blizzard is trying to push her as one of the iconic heroes of the series despite her having done nothing to justify such focus, and I'm curious how others feel about her.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Default Re: A Question About Nova

meh. She's ok.

I can really do without her. Now, if this were centered on Tosh and his Specter's, still hell-bent on bringing down the Mengsk dynasty, perhaps?...
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

I am not exactly fond of her personality, but she is a good angle to start the Terran politics storytelling. Her bipolarity might make the plot interesting.

She is as iconic as Kerrigan and Raynor, but has seen little game involvement. So, Nova would be the preferred character for this first mission pack as a popularity vote (Heroes of the Storm, Books, Comics, Canceled Game, Pretty Lady). I think people forgot Tosh by now...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    I am not exactly fond of her personality, but she is a good angle to start the Terran politics storytelling. Her bipolarity might make the plot interesting.

She is as iconic as Kerrigan and Raynor, but has seen little game involvement. So, Nova would be the preferred character for this first mission pack as a popularity vote (Heroes of the Storm, Books, Comics, Canceled Game, Pretty Lady). I think people forgot Tosh by now...
    I haven't. That being said it'll be interesting to see what they've planned for her in the DLC, now that she's been released from her original duty to defend the Dominion in such a way.

fond-ecran-31433starcraft-ghost.jpg

The only time I ever cared.

Now? Whatever.

As much of a letdown it might be, in the grand scheme of things Ghost being canceled is a good thing; no point dragging a bad game through development hell. Maybe one day they will take on making a shooter game, whether it be a stealth game, or an sci fi mmo when they are more apt at it,

Overwatch for example may be a huge success, and pave the way for a new franchise, but it was originally going to be something else entirely. Blizzard at least had the good sense to realize that it wasnt going to work out with ghost and their mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Does anyone really like her? Or care for her at all?
    Nova's blonde hair sure is purdy. But so is Kerri's red hair, but she's got gross tentacly hair now so um, yeah...
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    fond-ecran-31433starcraft-ghost.jpg

The only time I ever cared.

Now? Whatever.
    Plenty I've asked online said the same thing. Makes me wonder if they'll show interest again after the DLC for her

I liked her in the earlier versions of SC:G. Also, I find her official novel the most tolerable of the ones I've read, despite it being poorly written. No, that's not enough to care about her, and I think she's way more boring because of working for Mengsk, but yeah.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.