Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SC3 Plot Ideas

Default SC3 Plot Ideas

I think a timeskip of at least 100 years, perhaps more, is acceptable to make things different enough that shaking up the peace drastically would not invalidate SC2's ending. I'm trying to think logically of what might happen to the K-sector in a century's time.

Without the threat of war and the charismatic Arcturus or Valerian, the Dominion has weakened as a government. Though it's people remain free and happy, it's heredity rulers, the Mengsk dynasty, have not held the same power their ancestors did. The Dominion now resembles the Confederacy or Earth's democracies more in structure, with de-centralized planetary governments and a ruling council headed by an Emperor Mengsk that holds a veto over their decisions, but not much direct power. Some outlying worlds and renegades resist the government's power simply because they feel confident they will not be disciplined. The Umojan Protectorate has joined the Dominion and the Kel-Morian Combine has become de-centralized, their homeworld of Moria stripmined after decades of plundering and many of their more powerful members seeking new planets to lay claims to.

The Protoss have resettled Aiur. The Nerazim remain united with them, but their nomadic nature means they spend a lot of time away from the planet, unattached to Aiur. Some newborn Protoss, still bearing their nerve cords, have opted to keep them and devote themselves to the Khala. Memories of Amon's corruption still linger in the long-lived race, and the Khalai-adherents are sometimes ostracized and viewed with suspicion by their older brethren. As a military power the Protoss have weakened: they have no enemies to fight, and some of their more battle-hungry warriors abandon the Daelaam to join with the Tal'darim. The Tal'darim, in turn, have begun to suffer ideological differences in the wake of Amon's death and this influx of new warriors that were ones their hated enemies.

The Zerg under Zagara are not the hostile aliens they once were. They keep to Char and nearby planetary systems, growing and mutating. Some Terrans and Protoss, concerned about Zagara's silence, wish to strike and eradicate the Zerg before she becomes hostile, holding her inferior leadership and intelligence from Kerrigan as proof that she will easily fall. Others wish to avoid a war and would leave Zagara to her own devices as long as she remains passive.

And it goes without saying the UED are back.

Anyone else have plot ideas for SC3?
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: SC3 Plot Ideas

I'd rather have a timescale shift of in the thousands, where Raynor, Tassadar, and Kerrigan are legends. The zerg have been thought to be fully eradicated, but it turns out they sent Leviathans to Andromeda and have taken over most of that galaxy, with us as their next target. The Koprulu terrans have been destroyed by the zerg because they were weakened so badly in SC2. The Milky Way is then divided evenly between the Protoss and the UED, who are embroiled in a Cold War type of situation.

I think we should have new players altogether. Humanity will obviously fill the Terran role, perhaps descendants of the UED. The Protoss have largely grown absent, having ascended into Legend as mythical caretakers of the galaxy, assuming the role the Xel'Naga once held. A synthesis of organic-machine hybrids, descendants of the Purifers, now inhabit the "Quantity" race. The "Quality" race is assumed by Tal'Darim-Primal Zerg Hybrids, creatures assuming the Purity of Form and Essence, but limited because they lack the Essence of Eternity (Xel'Naga essence) and possess the imperialistic ideals of their forebears.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I'd rather have a timescale shift of in the thousands, where Raynor, Tassadar, and Kerrigan are legends. The zerg have been thought to be fully eradicated, but it turns out they sent Leviathans to Andromeda and have taken over most of that galaxy, with us as their next target. The Koprulu terrans have been destroyed by the zerg because they were weakened so badly in SC2. The Milky Way is then divided evenly between the Protoss and the UED, who are embroiled in a Cold War type of situation.
    And how would you want to portray the UED's impression to the player?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    I'm trying to think logically of what might happen to the K-sector in a century's time.
    That's impossible. Given that massive status quo changes (and reversions as of Sc2) have occurred in the short span of time the games cover, the K sector would be most likely unrecognisable as even being part of the original Starcraft universe 100 years hence. Then again, I do like the far future idea though since if you go far enough, any conceivable change to the nature of the Terrans, Protoss and Zerg can be bought more readily because you know, "change over time" and all. This might be good because Sc2 clearly shows there's nothing really interesting and new left to talk about within this current era. I mean really, whats left? More Terran infighting? UED coming back again? Protoss being isolationist and have stirrings of internal strife again? Zerg being aggressive and killing stuff again? Been there, done that.

For those who like Xel'Naga stuff, I wouldn't necessarily mind a prequel about how a previous cycle of Xel'Naga came about since it's apparently happened many times before. We could have all different races made up to fulfill the "Essence" and "Form" and have a completely different story but retaining the spirit of Starcraft. Sort of like a reboot and reinvention in one and since it's almost like a new IP, we can see if it stands on it's own merit. Then again, I just realised we're talking about a sequel, so this probably doesn't count...
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

My plot idea:

Have SC2 be relegated to a TV show in-universe

We start 50 years after BW.

Go.

Since infested terrans seem to be biologically (if not completely) immortal, Stukov needs to control at least a small brood like in the epilogue, or at least be active within Zagara's swarm. Why? His perspective on the UED return, and the UED's on his current state (odds are likely Stukov is still remembered as a hero of the first invasion). That could go any number of directions.

Also, if we go with Zagara being isolationist, the Primals can make for a more aggressive splinter group of zerg. They have flying strains. It can be reasonably hand-waved that they collected ventral-sac overlord or even dead leviathan essence and made their own inter-planetary transport beasts*. Of course, Niadra can be a complete wildcard as well.

Lastly, could isolated hybrid still exist, freed of Amon and completely, mindlessly purposeless without their 'higher' self? Could do for a throwaway mission mechanic. Could cross-over with a naive UED commander trying something with them.

*I wonder if primals can assimilate protoss genetics? Wings of Liberty made it clear hybridization is different from a hypothetical infested or assimilated protoss. Interesting idea, if nothing else.
    Last edited by Sheliek; 03-23-2016 at 05:18 PM.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiseStratosTygo View Post
    My plot idea:

Have SC2 be relegated to a TV show in-universe

We start 50 years after BW.

Go.
    And here I thought you just wanted the whole SC2 franchise smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    And here I thought you just wanted the whole SC2 franchise smashed.
    Oh I certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiseStratosTygo View Post
    Oh I certainly do.
    You can get that if a new generation of developers decide to rewrite SC2