Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

  1. #1

    Default Short Story: It Will End in Fire




    Featuring Rohana and the Grand Preservers.











    "The final emotion.

    Acceptance."

    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 11-03-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post



    Featuring Rohana and the Grand Preservers.











    "The final emotion.

    Acceptance."

    Really hate to be a little baby essentially, but have you read all the short stories? I haven't really been keeping up with them and I remember looking forward to this one, would you say the others are required reading?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post



    Featuring Rohana and the Grand Preservers.











    "The final emotion.

    Acceptance."

    Finally, about time we got to learn about her.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

    No, Undead. They're all stand-alone stories.
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

    HAHA YEAUGH. Thanks Khas

  6. #6
    unknownone's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

    How did you find this last short story? I think it is very well written and conveys a very interesting perspective on the Protoss. It is a really protoss story and nicely prepares the ground far what we will see in the campain.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

    'A fully crewed arkship could fight a war without support. It could evacuate an entire colony—an
    entire system filled with colonies and outposts—thanks to its vast halls of stasis pods. It could lose
    power and drift for centuries and keep all of its crew alive the whole while.'

    tfw telling unnecessary info in fiction is bad form
    tfw this info might be important
    tfw 'into the void'
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by unknownone View Post
    How did you find this last short story? I think it is very well written and conveys a very interesting perspective on the Protoss. It is a really protoss story and nicely prepares the ground far what we will see in the campain.
    I liked it, but to be honest, I don't like that theres so much emphasis on the Protoss feeling emotion through the Khala. It makes them seem too emotional when they should be fairly stolid. In SC1 you still felt like Tassadar and Fenix were capable and private individuals. Not that they aren't here.

    What I did like a lot though is how they made the Conclave a little less ridiculous than they usually seem to be, here they are fairly reasonable, even if they do require some convincing.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Undeadprotoss View Post
    I liked it, but to be honest, I don't like that theres so much emphasis on the Protoss feeling emotion through the Khala. It makes them seem too emotional when they should be fairly stolid. In SC1 you still felt like Tassadar and Fenix were capable and private individuals. Not that they aren't here.

    What I did like a lot though is how they made the Conclave a little less ridiculous than they usually seem to be, here they are fairly reasonable, even if they do require some convincing.
    8400 protoss fine those were pretty fearless as they burned alive. and writer remarked that although they was not Templars were being very fearless

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Short Story: It Will End in Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    8400 protoss fine those were pretty fearless as they burned alive. and writer remarked that although they was not Templars were being very fearless
    They were described as having pangs of horror/doubt as they approached the star and before they unilaterally accepted what would happen. I mean emotional in terms of the degree of feeling emotion, I just feel as if the Protoss should have those emotions, but feel them more stoically, reserved for major and unique events (such as this one) but feel them as an individual does, all the while being generally mores stolid. Its more the fact that the Protoss are feeling all the time, whereas someone like Fenix never really becomes saddened or devastated (of course Fenix was special, but still).

Similar Threads

  1. Short Story - Momentum
    By Hawki in forum StarCraft Universe Lore Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2013, 06:25 AM
  2. Short Story - Carrier
    By Hawki in forum StarCraft Universe Lore Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 04:13 AM
  3. Short Story - In the Dark
    By Hawki in forum StarCraft Universe Lore Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 11:33 PM
  4. Short Story - Frenzy
    By Hawki in forum StarCraft Universe Lore Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 02:31 AM
  5. Short Story - A War On
    By Hawki in forum StarCraft Universe Lore Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •