Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Purifier Origins

Default Re: Purifier Origins

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    *Ragpalm*
    What? It is. That being said, it's very difficult to see something to her beyond just killing

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    What Rag appears to be saying is that the 'Toss have no way to guarantee that the Khala won't get curbstomped again. Granted, they have no reason to believe it will, so it's pretty much open ended at this point. We can be mostly sure that the Khala will appear again. Except for the fact Blizz hates everything non-DT....

Actually, if it weren't for LotV, we could be pretty certain that the DT might mostly have disappeared instead. While DT teachings wouldn't be abandoned, there would be no reason to rebel anymore against the Khala, if the factions can get along. Tassadar proved you can have nerve cords and still do DT stuff, so the young people who would have become DT are free to choose both, or even just the Khala, if they really wanted to. Hence, fewer DT over time.

Tura, I also agree super hard with your statement about Protoss society and the Conclave. So many times Blizzard has acted like the Conclave was the source of all the 'Toss problems, when really you have to look at the society as a whole -- surely it wasn't just Judicator who had an anti-DT bias, especially since potential DT could have come from any tribe. In fact, the manual basically states that there were two waves of DT -- the ones that Adun attempted to protect, and the ones that followed after, the ones that cut their nerve cords in solidarity. Seriously, read the manual again. That means there's probably families out there with memories of certain relatives joining the DTs.

In any case, I will continue to pretend that SC2 is bad fanfiction. Onwards and upwards.
    me too i am pro-khalaa and hoped that the Dark Templar lost their fear of the unit that was logic path, while the Khalai lost the fear of narazim life, well it was a surprise lose something that defined the protoss but not reject the concept of legacy of void, I like, really this increase on the hazardous condition and loneliness of artanis , I hope the khala is not discriminated against, because in the end despite being modified, primitive khala was a natural heritage of the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    me too i am pro-khalaa and hoped that the Dark Templar lost their fear of the unit that was logic path, while the Khalai lost the fear of narazim life, well it was a surprise lose something that defined the protoss but not reject the concept of legacy of void, I like, really this increase on the hazardous condition and loneliness of artanis , I hope the khala is not discriminated against, because in the end despite being modified, primitive khala was a natural heritage of the protoss.
    Except Blizzard retconned that too and made it seem like Amon was the one who created the Khala in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post

That's true. If you look at the manual, the instinctive link between the Protoss was what attracted the Xel'Naga to them in the first place.

"Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    That's true. If you look at the manual, the instinctive link between the Protoss was what attracted the Xel'Naga to them in the first place.
    Yet ruined in LotV by saying this is only what attracted Amon for his plans. Makes me really wonder if we go by the LotV lore, did the regular Xel'Naga really care about the Khala.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Yet ruined in LotV by saying this is only what attracted Amon for his plans. Makes me really wonder if we go by the LotV lore, did the regular Xel'Naga really care about the Khala.
    all signs point to NO

next question

Regardless, Nissa, I believe the Protoss would eventually find ways to get the Khala back into their society. According to the wiki, after Amon was banished into the void, Artanis vowed to have their society united by more than just the Khala, so it could mean it's not being discarded COMPLETELY

That and it seems the taldarim have a method to keep themselves from being controlled by amon. They all have their nerve cords intact (although covered by armor) and even when Alarak rebells, they weren't forced to submit like the khalai.

As for the future, protoss can find a way to finess their khala connection by either finding a greater understanding the secrets of the taldarim or expanding on their technology to accommodate this weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jconant View Post
    That and it seems the taldarim have a method to keep themselves from being controlled by amon. They all have their nerve cords intact (although covered by armor) and even when Alarak rebells, they weren't forced to submit like the khalai.

As for the future, protoss can find a way to finess their khala connection by either finding a greater understanding the secrets of the taldarim or expanding on their technology to accommodate this weakness.
    The former will require cooperation with the Tal'darim. I don't see it happening any time soon, since their only similarity was the hatred for Amon. With him gone....