Thread: Glitchfest Speed Run of Vanilla and Brood War

Default Glitchfest Speed Run of Vanilla and Brood War

Figured you guys might get a kick out of these. First 15 seconds of Vanilla's tells you everything you need to know, really.

Can't embed two videos for arbitrary reasons, so here's a direct link to Brood War's speedrun.

Commentary from the record-holders of each mission for Vanilla.

And for Brood War.

I should point out that skipping T3 in Vanilla might be prudent given this is almost 6 hours of video. Nothing exciting happens, other than cutting four seconds from the countdown through trigger abuse.

I'm kinda disappointed no one's sped-run the two cut Terran missions, or even the cut Protoss tutorial. Zerg tutorial's unwinnable, though. Enslavers, though? I can see why no one's attempted those.

I especially like Norad II's exotic means of completion. Not to mention every zerg mission that lets you build drones being... incredibly easy with cheese strategies. I'm sure all the oldest of the old players here know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Sheliek; 08-17-2015 at 02:27 AM.

Default Re: Glitchfest Speed Run of Vanilla and Brood War

"I should point out that skipping T3 in Vanilla might be prudent given this is almost 6 hours of video. Nothing exciting happens, other than cutting four seconds from the countdown through trigger abuse."

It's a shame blizzard disabled the optional (destroy the Hatchery) condition in the PC version of the game, you can destroy the Hatchery on the N64 and win the level, makes the level a lot more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiseStratosTygo View Post
    "I should point out that skipping T3 in Vanilla might be prudent given this is almost 6 hours of video. Nothing exciting happens, other than cutting four seconds from the countdown through trigger abuse."

It's a shame blizzard disabled the optional (destroy the Hatchery) condition in the PC version of the game, you can destroy the Hatchery on the N64 and win the level, makes the level a lot more fun.
    Someone should tell the Mass Recall guys that, because that'd be a definite quality-of-life improvement for the remake. I mean, some people wouldn't like it, but they added weaker medics to Vanilla, and that's toggleable, so problem preempted and solved? lol

I didn't know that, though. That's really cool.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I remember before YouTube, I was feeling pretty confident that after 8927349723948729847293 playthroughs of the campaign, and getting my timings and strategy down perfectly, that I would be able to compare to the world records.

Then I actually watched speed runs ....

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    I remember before YouTube, I was feeling pretty confident that after 8927349723948729847293 playthroughs of the campaign, and getting my timings and strategy down perfectly, that I would be able to compare to the world records.

Then I actually watched speed runs ....
    Gotta use them glitches, mang