Thread: Starcraft RPG?

Default Starcraft RPG?

You know what would be cool? A pen-and-paper RPG of Starcraft. Don't you think so?

Default Re: Starcraft RPG?

I've tried a few text-based RPGs both here and on other StarCraft websites, but they usually wither and die after a few weeks. I'd like to participate in one, but I worry about the same thing happening.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

If you're talking about a D&D kind of thing, with character sheets and Flamethrowers with +2 to Zerglings... I'm not sure how the pull that off. I guess instead of exploring a dungeon, you explore a Zerg Hive and treasure chests are the remains of Marines who came and fell before you?

There was one already.

Starcraft Alternity.

Was pretty crappy, but it had a few interesting ideas, namely the Protoss Reaver gun. Think of it like a Reaver you hold in your hands and use as a machine gun with auto-tracking scarab bullets/missiles.

None of the info is canon anymore though.

It would be nice if they made a new RPG.

There was a very detailed fan build for a StarCraft RPG based on Rifts mechanics, including mega-damage and everything. I can't seem to find it now though. I think it was based on Angelfire or something like that, so it may be done now.
    Aaand sold.

I just got the Dungeons and Dragons player's guide, monster guide, and DM's manual. RPGs are complicated....

I just got the Dungeons and Dragons player's guide, monster guide, and DM's manual. RPGs are complicated....
    Welcome to the disorder.
    Aaand sold.

Oh, and it turns out D&D does have a psionics guide. It's more like nen from Hunter X Hunter than Protoss psionics, but since Protoss psionics aren't too well defined, I probably could make Protoss characters, if I tried hard enough.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing I wrote this as part of an idea for an RPG. I was thinking of altering the terran realm into more of a Shadowrun type setting. Terran technology is adoptive of earlier inventions, making the best of what they can with things. It's a dystopian world, and most of the internet is controlled, heavily encrypted and uses jargon to keep it away from the hands of the user, in favour of the corporation and the government. Hardly anything is open source, and hacker talent is kept in the hire of corporations and governments. Deviant hackers (the most dangerous individuals) are often bagged, so independents and freelancers are a rare breed. It's those people that work to prop up the journalist free lancers, such as Michael Liberty. Players can play the role of one of these freelancers, or they can serve a souless function, working for a corporation or in a wing of the dominion or confederate government (depending on the timeline).