Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: What Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolanstar View Post
    Considering starting Andromeda, one of the few things on my to-watch list I haven't gotten to.
    Good show except for the last season. I recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolanstar View Post
    Considering starting Andromeda, one of the few things on my to-watch list I haven't gotten to.
    It's been a while since I watched that, I'll have to do so again online, it was a good series

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Altered Carbon had a great villain. Super on point.
    Agreed. Just finished it. Wasn't sure who you were referencing when I first read your comment. Great cast of characters overall.

Anyone read the sequels? Worth it? I felt like the ending of AC didn't leave much room for a sequel, let alone 2 of them so I'm skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I felt like the ending of AC didn't leave much room for a sequel, let alone 2 of them so I'm skeptical.
    Spoilers

Hidden Content:
    You don't consider Kovacs going to look for Quellcrest Falconer sequelbait?

The universe is pretty open and deep enough for an anthology of stories to take place without necessarily having to follow any of the main characters. Also, because of the nature of sleeving, you don't need to rely on the same actor to portray any said character as well.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Spoilers

Hidden Content:
    You don't consider Kovacs going to look for Quellcrest Falconer sequelbait?

The universe is pretty open and deep enough for an anthology of stories to take place without necessarily having to follow any of the main characters. Also, because of the nature of sleeving, you don't need to rely on the same actor to portray any said character as well.
    Yeah that's an obvious route for a sequel but it doesn't have a lot of "meat" on it so far. I have a feeling that keeping Kovach for the next 2 books will just be dragging the story. His story has been "told" imo. I haven't read the synopsis (apart from the bit that Kovach is in) but I also suspect that they'll dive deeper into the ancient alien stuff and again Kovach isn't really a good main character to explore archaeology and aliens/first contact. But, what do I know, maybe they're both great stories.

Banned

house of cards season 3 episode 1

Violet Evergarden on Netflix.

I had my doubts going in. I'm not typically into anime based on light novels. But I'm absolutely captivated by the art, background and animation; it's absolutely gorgeous. A little kitschy and saccharine, but I got past it. And it explores the power of the written word, which I think is a concept some members here could definitely appreciate.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Finally got the Maze Runner the Death Cure file, watching it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Violet Evergarden on Netflix.

I had my doubts going in. I'm not typically into anime based on light novels. But I'm absolutely captivated by the art, background and animation; it's absolutely gorgeous. A little kitschy and saccharine, but I got past it. And it explores the power of the written word, which I think is a concept some members here could definitely appreciate.
    Hmm I'd be willing to try it just for the look. I might check it out.

I watched Annihilation last weekend. I recommend it. It was beautifully executed imo. There's a least 1 scene in there that I genuinely found disturbing. The characters aren't too great though, that's my only complaint. They're not bad, just think they could have been a bit better.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Just watched Lost in Space Season 1. Pretty damn good. The story is based around the main characters making stupid ass decisions though, but that seems typical of TV today. Still enjoyed it.

Finally got around to The Expanse Season 2 a few weeks ago. It was excellent. I knew the TV series would get better once things got going, the first season was the most boring parts of the first book (in terms of things that can be shown on-screen).

Also been watching some documentaries like Cosmos and Planet Earth, helps me sleep, haha.

I've also been watching/collecting the animated DC superhero movies. They're all pretty good, but I love the resell value of the limited editions.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.