Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: What Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    You got a pic of what the alien looks like?
    Yeah let me go scour the internet to find this picture for you. Are you incapable of using google?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Yeah let me go scour the internet to find this picture for you. Are you incapable of using google?
    No, because my connection here is usually crap

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Does Lost in Space get better after the first episode? I tried watching it but couldn't even finish it.
    The first episode is pretty much meaningless happenstance and fallout from bad decisions. It doesn't necessarily get "better" but it does get more ... relevant and complex "slightly". I think you should keep going a couple more episodes at least.

Or, you know, give up on the Sci Fi genre all together.

... and ooooooh Rag, I do miss your Raggin'

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Or, you know, give up on the Sci Fi genre all together.
    Blasphemy!

I'll give it another shot. I'm watching the last 2 West-World episodes right now. I'm impressed by the writers. I thought the story had been told in season 1. I didn't think you could make something interesting with a bunch of rogue robots but they're slowly bringing in new topics and I'm starting to "feel it" again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    ... and ooooooh Rag, I do miss your Raggin'
    And here I thought this guy put me on the ignore list quite some time ago

Just watched Annihilation. It's as weird as the book, but not explained have as well. They took some major liberties and forgot to explain what the hell. It's still a good movie. Best Sci Fi movie I've seen in a while (since Interstellar??) but that isn't saying much. Recommend everyone see it. Or, better yet, read the book, and then watch the movie, so you'll actually know what the hell is up. My girlfriend hated it because she didn't understand until I spent fifteen minutes after explaining some things.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    Just watched Annihilation. It's as weird as the book, but not explained have as well. They took some major liberties and forgot to explain what the hell. It's still a good movie. Best Sci Fi movie I've seen in a while (since Interstellar??) but that isn't saying much. Recommend everyone see it. Or, better yet, read the book, and then watch the movie, so you'll actually know what the hell is up. My girlfriend hated it because she didn't understand until I spent fifteen minutes after explaining some things.
    Hidden Content:
    How did you find the alien scene in the lighthouse at the end? I thought it was brilliant. The sound, the shape and movement of the alien, just perfect imo.

It was nothing like the book, so I was ... flustered for a bit. I was waiting all movie for a particular moment that happened in the book which never did. The book was particularly interesting and surprising. Then I went and thought about it, and, honestly, there's really no other way they could've condensed the book into movie form so I'm going to say its brilliant in its adaptation. As is, it is thought-provoking and tension building in an incredibly creative and unique way. Never seen anything like it, and little details and subtleties of it speak volumes. It was equal parts 'what the hell?', horror tension, and complexity.

As an aside, that's the only time where I can legitimately say 'holy shit! 4K is soo much better!!' so there's that. HDR is awesome for psychedic shit.

Also, The Expanse Season 4 was picked up by Amazon. YAAAAY!!!
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 06-01-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Ratings attached to previous diary entries or reviews are not updated. This allows your rating to change over time, should you log or review a film multiple times, rather than enforcing a single rating for a film for all time. Note that each time you add a rating as part of a diary entry/review (or update an old diary entry/review), your ‘default’ rating for the film is updated to the new value.

Ricky (work at topassignmentreview)
    Last edited by Richardy094; 08-21-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: signature remaining