Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: What Are You Watching?

In other news, CEMU v1.7.4D emulates Zelda: Breath of the Wild on my old ass i5 750 PC build from 2009. That's not just great coding, that's some black magic wizardry.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I usually watch movies, the only TV shows I would watch would be like Archer. I did binge watch House of Cards a year ago but I stopped watching it.

Right now I have The Wailing on my backlog. The only reason I haven't watched it yet is because after a long day's work I don't really want to sit and watch a movie with subtitles, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    In other news, CEMU v1.7.4D emulates Zelda: Breath of the Wild on my old ass i5 750 PC build from 2009. That's not just great coding, that's some black magic wizardry.
    Impressive. Technically, that's a better cpu than what's in a WiiU but considering everything else, that's very good.

My Athlon 64 3000+ was a better CPU than the PS2 but it couldn't emulate well at all.

CEMU is damned amazing. They charge money though so maybe that's the difference. Everyone needs a little incentive

Yesterday I was watching an assortment or random people on twitch; something I never do(though I did watch a few sc2 pro stream here and there in the past). This was just for curiosity's sake. I'm still baffled at how people throw their money at streamers. I find it fascinating. I would love to profile these donors. Just like people who give to patreons and such.

Note here that I'm not condescending of the behavior in any way. I'm not like "oh, you should spend your money on BETTER things instead".

I was watching a YouTube recording of a Twitch stream playthrough of Diablo II and Path of Exile, and dude was getting $20, $30, and $50 donations to do stupid things on his stream like drop items and switch weapons. Blew my damn mind. Clearly, I'm in the wrong profession.

I was watching a YouTube recording of a Twitch stream playthrough of Diablo II and Path of Exile, and dude was getting $20, $30, and $50 donations to do stupid things on his stream like drop items and switch weapons. Blew my damn mind. Clearly, I'm in the wrong profession.
    Wow lol. Guy I watched yesterday was getting similar amounts but through more "traditional ways" (or so I'm told). ~10$ to have a robotized voice say a message. ~20$ to change the music playing. I mean, it is pretty funny in some cases but damn I feel like I'm in some kind of twilight zone. And it's not like he was a professional worth admiring either so I'm not even sure why people come to his channel in the first place.

I don't know, I guess a twitch streamer is like the new age street beggar in many ways. I suppose the very trivial takeaway from all this is that if you can get people's attention, you can make money. I wouldn't quit my job for it but next time there's an up and coming phenomenon like twitch, vine, youtube, kickstarter, instagram, etc I'll be ready!

The idea of playing games all day depresses me though so there's always that. No amount of money can make up for being inside all day.

The idea of playing games all day depresses me though so there's always that. No amount of money can make up for being inside all day.
    Do you have an office job eco? I hope not for you! Up north over here it's shitty half of the year so you get used to being inside.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Yesterday I was watching an assortment or random people on twitch; something I never do(though I did watch a few sc2 pro stream here and there in the past). This was just for curiosity's sake. I'm still baffled at how people throw their money at streamers. I find it fascinating. I would love to profile these donors. Just like people who give to patreons and such.

Note here that I'm not condescending of the behavior in any way. I'm not like "oh, you should spend your money on BETTER things instead".
    I feel the same about people that edit Wikipedia. They're investing their valuable time for no monetary gain. I mean I think it's great, but I'd never do it. And who are the people that upload torrents?