View Poll Results: Do you still play SC2?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I still play Single Player WoL

4 22.22%
  • I still play Single Player HotS

4 22.22%
  • I still play Multiplayer

3 16.67%
  • I still play Arcade

5 27.78%
  • No

9 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you still play SC2?

Default Re: Do you still play SC2?

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    To be fair, I never played SC2. Just saw let's plays online. It's hard to get a game when I know the story is so terrible. That, and I'm a huge cheapskate.

The problem with the Zerg as they now exist is that they have no interesting characters left. I personally didn't find the Overmind all that compelling, but he's better than Dehaka. Zasz is of course dead, along with most of the cerebrates. Not like they got much characterization anyway. The brood mothers are...criminally stupid or something, Dehaka is pointless, Izscha isn't interesting, and Abathur, nice as he is, doesn't have a backstory that would make him compelling in a long-term sense. He's a side flavor character, which is nice, but not enough to really make the Zerg interesting.
    That's why I'm working with those online for fanfiction in the hopes to salvage what happened by the end of HotS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa
    To be fair, I never played SC2.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gVVWznIM-o

Nissa is so hardcore about her classic games she won't play remakes or sequels.

Though, Nissa, that was a surprise. lol

I also watch playthroughs for a lot of "cool story" games like Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us. Some people have done this once or twice, but we don't participate on communities related to the games we experienced through this method. Thanks for being the exception, but hell it was so unexpected.

I agree with the Blade. Yes, I watch playthroughs of quite a few games. However, I generally refuse to say anything definitive about them on general principle, even the story, in that I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT. And despite what some may claim, playing a game will inevitably shape one's perceptions/feelings on its story.

And before you ask, yes, I thought the zerg were well done in HotS, it was Kerrigan herself I found to be the weak link. But at least with the other individuals I've debated under the pretense that they'd actually played the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    I agree with the Blade. Yes, I watch playthroughs of quite a few games. However, I generally refuse to say anything definitive about them on general principle, even the story, in that I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT. And despite what some may claim, playing a game will inevitably shape one's perceptions/feelings on its story.

And before you ask, yes, I thought the zerg were well done in HotS, it was Kerrigan herself I found to be the weak link. But at least with the other individuals I've debated under the pretense that they'd actually played the game.
    Nah the gameplay was tat, to be honest.

I was like Nissa back in 2013 until november I actually had a better opinion of it BEFORE I played it (i watched videos)

The missions follow wol's principle of "You are not allowed to play as you wish, you must complete the mission before X explodes/dies/kills/turnsintoabentknob

Wasn't fun, I hate time attack style missions.

Not sure what "tat" means, but fair enough. But I found the mission styles of both games far more engaging than the SC1 style, which was so often a case of "here's a map, have fun." I can enjoy that style of play (e.g. the last mission of HotS), but in moderation. I'd rather have the missions provide me variety and force me to react to circumstances rather than continuously handing me a blank cheque.

My answer would have been the occasional arcade or multiplayer game a year ago, but I stopped playing after I got into the Heroes of the Storm alpha over the summer. I intend to play the LotV singleplayer, and then a bit of multiplayer and arcade, but I expect to have more fun in Heroes' custom game arcade section when that's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    Not sure what "tat" means, but fair enough. But I found the mission styles of both games far more engaging than the SC1 style, which was so often a case of "here's a map, have fun." I can enjoy that style of play (e.g. the last mission of HotS), but in moderation. I'd rather have the missions provide me variety and force me to react to circumstances rather than continuously handing me a blank cheque.
    It's basically british for garbage

"far more engaging than the SC1 style, "

Yeah, I disagree 500%

they replaced "destroy the enemy base" with "GO REALLY FAST WITH SONICHEDGEHOG SPEED!"

Too much focus on cinematic hoo hah and less focus on gameplay, the gameplay of the originals at least allowed you to pull random crap and gave you the freedom to play the game your way.

That's why I play RTS games in the first place.

"(e.g. the last mission of HotS)," coincidentally this and the char missions were the ones I actually enjoyed the most.

"I'd rather have the missions provide me variety and force me to react to circumstances rather than continuously handing me a blank cheque."

I don't see "Timed mission with a slightly different skin #57" "variety"

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Nissa is so hardcore about her classic games she won't play remakes or sequels.

Though, Nissa, that was a surprise. lol
    Lol no, that's not it at all. It's not about being hipster, it's about being a grownup with better ways to spend my money/time. I don't play many games at all these days, besides free ones online.

And Hawki, chill out. I can comment just fine on Starcraft 2's storyline. I have seen multiple playthroughs of both WoL and HotS, and will probably see them again before long. I mean, crap, it's not like I've ever commented on the gameplay mechanics of SC2. Your point is absurd. That's like saying I haven't read a book because I read it in electronic form and haven't had the experience of turning the pages. I've never played Majora's Mask before, so does that mean I know nothing about it after three/four views? Sheesh.
    Last edited by Nissa; 02-15-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Sorry, that first comment was a ruse. It should not be taken seriously.

I really don't mind if you did play the game or not. That should not inhibit or enable your ability to debate. There's a lot of people out there who have been playing since day 1 and ignore most of the details we notice on this forum.

What we are experiencing is the beauty of the internet. In online debates we create made-up backgrounds, subconsiously, that represent everyone in the conversation. We, normally, imagine attributes that can be related to our own lives (race, gender, preferences, workplace, etc). So it is alarming to learn that the truth is so different from what we imagined. When you start meeting people in RL you trully get the magnitud of how far apart online friends con go to from your imagination.
    Last edited by The_Blade; 02-15-2015 at 11:43 PM.