Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After the deep slumber...

Zoar's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: After the deep slumber...

Still not able to access the front page unfortunately. Says site is down for maintenance check back later.

- - - Updated - - -

Still not able to access the front page unfortunately. Says site is down for maintenance check back later.

Site got it a little bit worse. Only the forums are "operational" atm.

Even then, I still can't view any threads unless I'm logged in. Not good for the site, if no guests can see anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Even then, I still can't view any threads unless I'm logged in. Not good for the site, if no guests can see anything.

I can visit the forum, but not the main sclegacy.com site. Actually I haven't seen the main site in several months.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Main site is down.

So... I'm almost afraid to ask, but, what's the deal? I'm glad to see that the main site is up and has a recent news article posted. But the forums have been broken for half a year at this point. A year ago, there would always be at least a few guests looking at forum threads, but for the past half year all you've been able to see unless you're logged in is

And unless you know not to click on the 'goto latest page' links, logged in users will get error messages too. I don't know what the solution is, and I know we all have real lives, and of course lore and game-discussing activity would dwindle as it's been a couple years since Heart of the Swarm came out. All that's fine. But, looking forward, are there any ways to get the forums fixed before Legacy of the Void comes out? People looking for discussions and reviews could drive new traffic to this site, for at least a little bit, but if the first link they click on takes them to a blank screen, they'll never come back.

- - - Updated - - -

So... I'm almost afraid to ask, but, what's the deal? I'm glad to see that the main site is up and has a recent news article posted. But the forums have been broken for half a year at this point. A year ago, there would always be at least a few guests looking at forum threads, but for the past half year all you've been able to see unless you're logged in is

And unless you know not to click on the 'goto latest page' links, logged in users will get error messages too. I don't know what the solution is, and I know we all have real lives, and of course lore and game-discussing activity would dwindle as it's been a couple years since Heart of the Swarm came out. All that's fine. But, looking forward, are there any ways to get the forums fixed before Legacy of the Void comes out? People looking for discussions and reviews could drive new traffic to this site, for at least a little bit, but if the first link they click on takes them to a blank screen, they'll never come back.

Edit: oh, and look, the "updated" problem is still around— which also prevents you from ever embedding a video link in a post, because even though you typed it once, it will get doubled as it tries to post and then give you an error message saying you're only allowed one video link per post. You have to edit them in later.

Again, I have no idea what causes a problem like this. I don't how something like moving to some other forum host is done, or if that's even something we'd want to do, if it means losing all the old threads, but all this adds up to something basically unusable.
    Last edited by Robear; 07-06-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I am one of those men.

Thus, I will stay here until the last light flickers out and we're left with nothing but the Void.

Alright, we got most of the issues fixed now! (thanks to LoA)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Alright, we got most of the issues fixed now! (thanks to LoA)