Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LotV Trailer!

Default Re: LotV Trailer!

yeah I like some of the old unit changes.

I don't think I like a single new unit... the Lurker is cool I guess. Swarm Host changes I'm not sure about.

Ranged Warp Prism is cool. Siege Tank transports okay.

Overall: meh.

And that story trailer. My god. It's worse than I thought it was gonna be. Why is Artanis yelling like that? What game franchise am I even playing anymore? What happened to my subtle, low-key, semi-horror space opera? Why is everything explosions and massive psychic powers and armies cheering and characters constantly screaming?

I know Tassadar could be a bit of a ham sometimes, but he was one character. Now we have Raynor and Artanis and Keriggan all giving big victory speeches about good conquering evil. And I just... man. I knew I wasn't going to like it, but this... and the bit where people are all standing around doing those side-ways stares at eachother like 'what's become of us'. It's just kinda gross.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I like some of the old unit changes.

I don't think I like a single new unit... the Lurker is cool I guess. Swarm Host changes I'm not sure about.

Ranged Warp Prism is cool. Siege Tank transports okay.

Overall: meh.

And that story trailer. My god. It's worse than I thought it was gonna be. Why is Artanis yelling like that? What game franchise am I even playing anymore? What happened to my subtle, low-key, semi-horror space opera? Why is everything explosions and massive psychic powers and armies cheering and characters constantly screaming?

I know Tassadar could be a bit of a ham sometimes, but he was one character. Now we have Raynor and Artanis and Keriggan all giving big victory speeches about good conquering evil. And I just... man. I knew I wasn't going to like it, but this... and the bit where people are all standing around doing those side-ways stares at eachother like 'what's become of us'. It's just kinda gross.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Another thing I noticed just now:

Hidden Content:

Artanis is either using Zeratul's Master Blade or an exact duplicate of it. What does that mean for Zeratul himself? Given Zeratul's "My life for Aiur!" line, I'm afraid he might be following in Deckard Cain's footsteps.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Huh, the trailer's pretty much what I expected it to be. Will it turn out to be more than just empty calories? Current track record doesn't bode it well, unfortunately.

Don't know about anyone else, but those voiceover snippets transplanted from WoL's The Prophecy still make me wince in embarrassment even after all these years.

What with the emphasis on shenanigans to propel to their stories now, I'd guess that the Arty and Big Z fight is due to the former either being a shapeshifting Narud or possessed by Amon.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Finally! There is something to finally talk about....

First let’s talk about artanis. Spoiler if you’re in denial.

Hidden Content:

It started with Tassadar, and we all loved Tassadar. Along the way Tassadar formed a circle with Fenix and Zeratul, and the fans went wild. Hell we even loved that Aldaris bastard.

But then Tassadar died and people cried. No worries Zeratul stepped up to take his place in our hearts. But then Fenix died too, and the fans went boo! The protoss circle was down by 2. Raszagal and Artanis joined the few, and as fans wept over Raszagal and Zeratul, there was no love for Artanis….

Why do you have no love for Artanis?

He went from a scout unit to tassadar’s rank because all his superiors died.
    He was the brood war protoss campaign icon to give him significance.
    He was most likely leader of his brethren by the end of broodwar as he lead the fleet.
    Zeratul does not command the khala. even if he took over for raszagal, why would they listen to him.

From blizzards buildup of Artanis, I wouldn’t say he is the new Tasssadar but rather the new Adun. The Dark Templar did love Adun after all.

Now Adun

Hidden Content:

We know who Adun is and we know how special Tassadar is.

But the more I see of Adun the less special Tassadar becomes. xD

3rd are protoss too human?

Hidden Content:

Do you remember this picture from the starcraft ghost development of the game?
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...C-G_Cncpt2.jpg
    Visions of khas might remember when a guy posted a thread a few years back about having a problem with protoss having breasts stating it was to human for the alien species, that there was no reason for it.

Of course I played devil’s advocate and posted several reason against his and we went back and forth.

It seems blizzard might have taken that thread to heart.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/legacy-o...id/#characters

If you scroll down to cast of characters and carefully examine Rohana I think blizzard still kept them but played it off pretty alien.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally! There is something to finally talk about....

First letís talk about artanis. Spoiler if youíre in denial.

Hidden Content:

It started with Tassadar, and we all loved Tassadar. Along the way Tassadar formed a circle with Fenix and Zeratul, and the fans went wild. Hell we even loved that Aldaris bastard.

But then Tassadar died and people cried. No worries Zeratul stepped up to take his place in our hearts. But then Fenix died too, and the fans went boo! The protoss circle was down by 2. Raszagal and Artanis joined the few, and as fans wept over Raszagal and Zeratul, there was no love for ArtanisÖ.

Why do you have no love for Artanis?

He went from a scout unit to tassadarís rank because all his superiors died.
    He was the brood war protoss campaign icon to give him significance.
    He was most likely leader of his brethren by the end of broodwar as he lead the fleet.
    Zeratul does not command the khala. even if he took over for raszagal, why would they listen to him.

From blizzards buildup of Artanis, I wouldnít say he is the new Tasssadar but rather the new Adun. The Dark Templar did love Adun after all.

Now Adun

Hidden Content:

We know who Adun is and we know how special Tassadar is.

But the more I see of Adun the less special Tassadar becomes. xD

3rd are protoss too human?

Hidden Content:

Do you remember this picture from the starcraft ghost development of the game?
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080907133956/starcraft/images/4/44/DarkTemplar_SC-G_Cncpt2.jpg
    Visions of khas might remember when a guy posted a thread a few years back about having a problem with protoss having breasts stating it was to human for the alien species, that there was no reason for it.

Of course I played devilís advocate and posted several reason against his and we went back and forth.

It seems blizzard might have taken that thread to heart.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/legacy-of-the-void/#characters

If you scroll down to cast of characters and carefully examine Rohana I think blizzard still kept them but played it off pretty alien.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Hidden Content:
    Given Zeratul's "My life for Aiur!" line, I'm afraid he might be following in Deckard Cain's footsteps.
    Trust me, as a long time Diablo fan, nothing could be as ham-fisted as that tragedy. I say this only to see if Blizzard can actually find a way to do anymore damage to their series. That being said, given that Zeratul has lost all of his badassitude, he's a pretty useless character. Losing him won't even come close to Deckard Cain, who almost single-handedly carried the story along in Diablo for four installments.

The Protoss looked much better in the cutscene during the campaign overview panel. Odd that they would pick the lamest parts for the hype trailer but it seems that's what they did. If they maintain that quality, I'll consider it on par with what they've done before. Meaning, I see a lot of irks me but I'm still overall impressed. That being said, they totally ripped off themselves with Artanis' design from various places in WarCraft and especially Diablo. Not necessarily bad, but just goes along with the WarCraftization. And if Kharax isn't just a Protoss version of the Dwarf blacksmith archetype I don't know what is. That 'beard' tho.

I'm such a buzzkill.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 11-08-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    That being said, they totally ripped off themselves with Artanis' design from various places in WarCraft and especially Diablo. Not necessarily bad, but just goes along with the WarCraftization. And if Kharax isn't just a Protoss version of the Dwarf blacksmith archetype I don't know what is. That 'beard' tho.

I'm such a buzzkill.
    I'd say Artanis looks more like Imperius to me, and Rohana has a Auriel vibe. Instead of angel wings, blizz slaps giant floating stuff behind them.

Digging vorazun's greek look.

Artanis looks exactly like Imperius but also a lot of other things so I didn't get specific. Kharax though .. man ... when did Protoss have 'beards'?
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 11-08-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Econo Mist
    Artanis looks exactly like Imperius but also a lot of other things so I didn't get specific. Kharax though .. man ... when did Protoss have 'beards'?
    Ever since Blizzard artists adopted the false beards of Egyptian royalty, who in turn were mimicking Osiris. The tacit understanding is that protoss produce scutes and osteoderms as they age. Protoss in positions of power mimic the possession of these dermal growths, which in their culture are synonymous with our beards -- representing venerability and wisdom. Kharax is obviously among the oldest Protoss character to date, so it would be understandable that his osteoderms are prominent.
    Aaand sold.

dafuqutawknbaut

(In all seriousness, a truly admirable attempt to cover up Blizzard's fucktardedness. Had me ready to nod my head in agreement for a second.)

I addressed your Protoss neck beard situation. I don't understand how you don't understand.

- - - Updated - - -

I addressed your Protoss neck beard situation. I don't understand how you don't understand.
    Aaand sold.