Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unused HoTS Story Elements

Default Re: Unused HoTS Story Elements

@NikoMyCousin

Everything here gets used by the allied ai when you play a game with an ai on your side

So, apparently, in the original "choose a planet to destroy" version, you could have the Zerg invade Bheakar Rho.

That's hilarious.

Also, Bountiful from Speed of Darkness is here too. That's pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    So, apparently, in the original "choose a planet to destroy" version, you could have the Zerg invade Bheakar Rho.

That's hilarious.

Also, Bountiful from Speed of Darkness is here too. That's pretty neat.
    A shame they removed this. But then, Bheakar Rho was never an industrial world of major importance to the Dominion, so for it NOT to be destroyed for the sake of the Korhal invasion at least had SOME sense.

Anyone willing/able to do this for Legacy of the Void and Nova Covert Ops? I know there's some unused faction units (three kinds of mothership, an aiur void ray, oracles etc), but in terms of dialogue I haven't done any digging.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    Anyone willing/able to do this for Legacy of the Void and Nova Covert Ops? I know there's some unused faction units (three kinds of mothership, an aiur void ray, oracles etc), but in terms of dialogue I haven't done any digging.
    I didn't know anything about an Aiur Void Ray (even in the unused elements part), where did it say anything about that?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I didn't know anything about an Aiur Void Ray (even in the unused elements part), where did it say anything about that?
    It's in the map editor, fully complete but it's a bit too brightly yellow --- it's just a reskin of the Wings of Liberty Void Ray, it doesn't have any new ability. Several other unit variants are seen through the game data, including a purifier mothership, purifier oracle, purifier stalker, dark templar high templar, Tal'darim phoenix (which seems to have been a bomber), fully functional replicant from the HotS alpha (which uses either the warp prism or observer portrait if I recall), and a Tal'darim carrier called the Skylord that has the Tal'darim mothership's abilities but no energy bar to use them.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Wasn’t the void ray originally khalai anyway? It was called the Warp Ray.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/8/88/WarpRay_SC2_DevGame1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081214204000

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Wasn’t the void ray originally khalai anyway? It was called the Warp Ray.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/8/88/WarpRay_SC2_DevGame1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081214204000
    Yeah I remember the term Warp Ray, though I can't remember if it was fully Khalai or not, I thought it at least had SOMETHING to do with the Nerazim....

The paint job was Khalai, the lore was similar but using a combination of engineering and weapons tech rather then having a DT serve as a lense for the weapon channeling void into it.

The LotV Aiur void ray is the void ray model and texture, just with a tint effect applied to it to create an illusion of placeholder godliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolanstar View Post
    The LotV Aiur void ray is the void ray model and texture, just with a tint effect applied to it to create an illusion of placeholder godliness.
    That explains why it's so... bright.

If I get some free time tomorrow I'll check out the maps from LotV for cut story stuff.