Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protoss time line

Default Protoss time line

Okay, so I was trying to write a review of Firstborn, and I'm a little confused by the whole timeline of Protoss history. Now, according to the original manual, how long ago did the Aeon of Strife end? I was under the impression that it wasn't all that long ago. After all, Raszagal had clear memories of Aiur, so therefore she had to be there before the DTs were expelled from the planet. She's only about 1,000 years old.

Basically, what I'm asking if I have that right, and if Starcraft 2 changed the Protoss timeline somehow.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Protoss time line

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Aeon_of_Strife

The Wiki should help you with most questions. If you want accuracy, stay away from the manual. You only go there for story that's actually good.

Also, based on what I remember that hasn't been forgotten due to unuse, the Protoss (post-Xel'Naga) themselves are a pretty young race so any historical event isn't technically that long ago.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 06-21-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Oh, I didn't want wiki nonsense. That's all tainted with lame SC2 stuff. Besides, reading that wiki would probably reveal spoilers for the rest of the trilogy.

Well, thanks. I was under that impression too, but Namara's flashbacks make it sound like the Khala was discovered a very long time ago, historically speaking.

DTS is tainted as well. It leads into SC2 after all. And you don't have to read the whole page to get the date, just the top, which was my point. It was ~500 B.C.E. Earth time by the way.

Care to give a link to your blog? I'm curious what you've said about the books.

Wait, 500 BC? *thinks a minute* So if the Khala is only ~1,000 years old, that means Starcraft would have to take place around 1500 AD. That doesn't work. Unless it took a while for the Khala to catch on, and it wasn't for a thousand years that the DTs were expelled.

Y'know what, don't spoil it for me. I'll just avoid this topic when I write my review.

I don't promise it's a great blog. It's just a place where I keep my ranting.
    http://arcrosestudios.blogspot.com/

Just a page, on blog spot, but not a blog. 'K

Also, StarCraft takes place around 2500 AD IIRC.

I know when Starcraft takes place, I'm just trying to match the 500 BC to the 2499 AD of Starcraft, using Raszagal's age as a measure.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

The Khala is not 1000 years old, the dark templar are. Here's the timeline according to the DT saga:

500 BC - Khas creates the Khala
    1500 AD - The rogue tribes get exiled.
    2500 AD - SC1

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    The Khala is not 1000 years old, the dark templar are. Here's the timeline according to the DT saga:

2500 AD - SC1
    I think that's kinda silly, because if the Aeon of Strife really was all that bad, the Khalai 'Toss would be far more resistant to accepting anyone who refuses to join in their philosophy of unity, taking it as a sign they want hostilities to continue.

But I'll abstain for now. It seems like something that will be explained by Golden later, so okay.

- - - Updated - - -

2500 AD - SC1
    I think that's kinda silly, because if the Aeon of Strife really was all that bad, the Khalai 'Toss would be far more resistant to accepting anyone who refuses to join in their philosophy of unity, taking it as a sign they want hostilities to continue.

But I'll abstain for now. It seems like something that will be explained by Golden later, so okay.

2500 AD - SC1
    Gradius, technically shouldn't SC1 begin in 2499 AD? Because that WAS when the Protoss began burning the terran worlds to clear them of Zerg...