Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xel'Naga Temple Explosion

Default Re: Xel'Naga Temple Explosion

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    Ulrezaj did something to a group of Zerg to make them "immune" to the temple in the Enslaver campaign, so it might be similar to the Xel'naga energy creature "absorbing" the Zerg and Protoss or the Hybrids "consume DNA" ability.

Heck, the Xel'naga temple there might just be another site like the temples in the book that is harvesting Protoss and Zerg.
    Yeah, it was basically his actions in creating "warped" versions of Khaydarin Crystals, made from pure Dark Templar and Zerg energy. Remember, Urezaj has his own Dark Templar group, the Fist of Ulrezaj (though I think they were all wiped out by the end of Enslavers: Dark Vengeance).

The nexus's energies in absorbing and destroying Xel'Naga creations is no different than the Xel'Naga relic when it fired at the end WoL, just on a bigger scale.

Whether it's like energy creatures in absorbing Zerg and Protoss, that's a bit harder to debate. Remember, according to that book Shadow of the Xel'Naga, the energy creature absorbed the Zerg and Protoss genes into itself as a form of "fuel" to allow itself to grow.

I don't think the Xel'Naga temple on Shakuras was doing the same thing.

Remember, according to the Dark Templar Saga Part 3: Twilight, when Zeratul reached the Xel'Naga temple on Pegasus and saw the birth of the energy creature, he realized that the Xel'Naga temple on Pegasus was like an "egg", and he just witnessed the egg "hatching".

This is completely different from the one on Shakuras, which was more structured, less wild, and less organic.

To be fair, the Xel'Naga Energy Creatures were originally meant to have little to no impact on the overarching story. Golden simply pulled upon that particular thing as a device to help progress her story and give the creatures purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the Xel'Naga Energy Creatures were originally meant to have little to no impact on the overarching story. Golden simply pulled upon that particular thing as a device to help progress her story and give the creatures purpose.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but only as of THIS MOMENT, Visions of Khas. I still believe they have to play SOME role in LotV.

Like at the end of the Dark Templar Saga Part 3 Twilight, when Zeratul traveled through the wormhole that the energy creatures made, what was on the other side? We haven't discovered that yet, and LotV better touch a little on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Yes, but only as of THIS MOMENT, Visions of Khas. I still believe they have to play SOME role in LotV.
    You'd better get ready for the outcry of Deus Ex Machina when they appear then!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    You'd better get ready for the outcry of Deus Ex Machina when they appear then!
    I already have with the artifact. Until they reveal it's DESIGNED purpose (since Duran didn't use it for its designed purpose either), it will have to fall under the category of the "Deus Ex Machina" artifact.

Great job.

Wasn't great enough, the Protoss will need something stronger in LotV.

The explosion looked like an H-bomb going off. From that, I'm assuming it left a sort of fall out that poisoned any zerg not within the radius.

Like at the end of the Dark Templar Saga Part 3 Twilight, when Zeratul traveled through the wormhole that the energy creatures made, what was on the other side? We haven't discovered that yet, and LotV better touch a little on it.
    Lots of tentacle rape, I'm guessing.
    Last edited by solidsamurai; 02-21-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solidsamurai View Post
    The explosion looked like an H-bomb going off. From that, I'm assuming it left a sort of fall out that poisoned any zerg not within the radius.
    The H bomb is only capable of destroying countries. The Xel'Naga temple explosion cleared all the Zerg from the planet. We don't have an H-bomb in the military arsenal that can kill a whole PLANET'S population yet...

I said a 'sort of fall out', not suggesties that a xel naga temple has the same properties as an h bomb. Anyway, that misconception already tells me this whole discussion is dumb.